It’s pretty easy to see auras. ANYONE can learn how to do it – including your own wonderful self. You don’t have to have psychic powers or anything like that.
But… since this is a psychic and mediumship development blog, I have to say that learning to see auras is one of THE most fun ways to develop your intuitive gifts – you can even become an aura reader if you want to!
Why complicate things? The exercises below are easy peasy.
Imagine how much fun it will be to see auras? To be able to see what energetic color is around a person?
Tip: If you have trouble seeing these energetic fields, don’t worry – just replace the word “see” with the words FEEL or SENSE in this post.
There is no “one right way to do this.” Many psychics feel or sense the electromagnetic vibrations around a person. You don’t need to see them.
How to See Auras
Try these until you discover the one that works best for you:
See the aura around your hand
- piece of white paper
- your hand
- a room with natural or soft light
Place your hand (palm down) on the paper and separate your fingers, as if you were going to trace your hand. Don’t place your fingers too far apart — be relaxed and comfortable.
Look at your hand, but not directly — sort of in between your fingers. Let your eyes go out of focus. It’s a really strange feeling if you haven’t done it before!
Within no time at all, you’ll begin to see a glow around your fingers. That’s the first layer of your aura! Yipee!
See your own aura
- a mirror
Try this one during the day so that you can leave the bathroom lights off. That way, the light won’t glare in your eyes.
Plus, it creates a relaxing atmosphere!
All you need to do is look at yourself in the mirror. Yes, it sounds really weird, but remember, you’re not going to be staring at yourself in a Mirror, mirror on the wall, sort of way.
Again, let your eyes go out of focus and you will begin to see a soft glow around you.
See the aura of other people
- a wall
- a partner
This is by far my FAVORITE way to see auras.
Have your partner stand or sit in front of a wall. Make sure the wall is sort of plain, cream color – no geometric wallpaper or yellow walls.
Sit or stand back about eight feet.
Look at their forehead, focusing on the “third eye” area, between the eyebrows.
If you’re like me, you’ll probably want to laugh. That’s OK – this should be fun. :)
Once you stop laughing, imagine you are seeing THROUGH your partner, to the wall BEHIND them.
Tip: The further back you can imagine looking, the more energy you’ll be able to see. Your goal should be to “see” a foot past them, eventually.
Your eyes will go out of focus, and it shouldn’t take long for you to begin to see the energy around your partner.
When I did this with my son, I started out by seeing just the first layer of his aura, a few inches around his body.
The more I practiced, the more I could see. One day, I finally saw a phenomenal, whispy yellow glow that extended about two feet all around his head and shoulders!
Use your peripheral vision (aura practice)
I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on the internet, but I’ve heard that peripheral vision is stronger than the part of the eye that we primarily use to focus, called central vision.
BTW, if you weren’t learning to see auras, you might never learn cool facts like that :)
If it’s safe to do so, look straight ahead, and, without moving your eyes or head. What can you see out of the corners of your eye?
Try this exercise a couple of times a day. It’s helpful because using your peripheral vision will enhance communication between the two hemispheres of your brain.
Life is better knowing aura colors
Is seeing auras fun? Absolutely!
But besides being fun, studying aura colors can be super duper helpful in life. Let’s say that you notice your aura is a blah, murky green color.
- Change Your Aura, Change Your Life: The Complete Meditation Guide (full disclosure, these are my affiliate links, but I never recommend anything to you that I wouldn’t recommend to my own mom)
- AURAS: How to See, Feel & Know (Full Color ed.)
Technology for Seeing Auras
If you’d like to rely on technology to see your aura, there’s great news! The Aura Imaging Camera was invented by Guy Coggins in 1980. There’s also bad news. Aura cameras are really expensive. Plus, who wants the hassle of learning to use it?
I found these fun aura glasses on Amazon. You definitely don’t need them, but they do look like fun!
- Anyone can lean to see auras.
- Don’t freak if you can’t see them. Sensing or feeling energetic fields is great, too!
- There are many different ways to learn to see auras — just find the way that is most fun for you.
- Aura knowledge can help make life better. Why? Because our aura colors reflect how we feel. So if you want to improve your murky aura to one that is vibrant and sparkly, aura knowledge can help you do that!
Have you ever felt a strong sense of joy or anxiety when someone walked into a room? Or picked up on someone’s depression or anger without them speaking a word?
That was you sensing their aura!
You may not have seen their aura with your physical eyes, but you felt their energy. Pretty cool, right?
You can easily learn how to see your own aura, too. All it takes is an open mind and a little practice.
How to See Your Aura
Auras are important because they give us insight into our physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
But you might be wondering… what exactly is an aura?
Auras are the energy that surrounds all living things. It’s the vibration that you put out to those around you, and can be any color from a peaceful blue to a fiery red. It changes depending how you feel — like a mood ring!
And with the simple exercise I’m going to teach you, you’ll learn how to see your aura in minutes!
Exercise to See Your Aura
This exercise is one of the best ways to learn how to see your aura. Just follow the simple steps, and you’ll be well on the way to seeing your own aura colors!
Before you begin:
- Find the right lighting. Some people find that this aura exercise works best in the evening, when it’s just getting dark out. Others prefer to see their aura in the daylight. I suggest you try it both ways and see which you like best.
- Relax. Light some candles, turn on some soft music, or meditate before you begin the exercise. This will clear your mind and make it easier to focus.
Now, let’s start the aura exercise…
- Touch the pads of your index finger and thumb together. Then, gently rub your fingers together. As you do, be mindful of your breath, and focus on your fingers.
- Keep rubbing your fingers together until they feel sticky (or like one finger is stuck to the other). It may even feel like your two fingers are now one.
- Once you get that sticky feeling, slowly pull your fingers apart so that there’s some space (about 1 cm) between them.
- Next, focus on the area between your fingers and look for any color or “fog.” That’s your aura. Woohoo! Don’t worry if you can’t see much yet. Your ability will get stronger with practice.
Tip: When I first started this exercise, I kept wondering why I wasn’t getting any results; all I had were sore fingers! I finally realized that I was rubbing too hard and creating friction. So, don’t do that. Instead, push your fingers together to create pressure. Then, gently massage them together.
Aura Tips and Takeaways
Anyone can learn how to see their aura — you don’t have to be psychic. But if this exercise didn’t work the first time, don’t get discouraged. All new things take practice.
That said, here are some tips that will help:
- Let your eyes and fingers rest for a little bit, then try again.
- Do the exercise when you are in a relaxed state, not rushed and frazzled.
- Remember not to make a lot of friction when doing this exercise.
- Keep in mind, there are other exercises you can do, too. This was just one example of how to see your aura — developing your psychic abilities overall will also help.