Aura cleansing bath. I don’t know about you, but I never need an excuse to hop in a hot bath. Cold outside? Bath time. Crazzzzy long day? Bath time. Kids spilled fake slime on the new carpet? Bath time — with extra bubbles!
So even if you’re like me and don’t need an excuse to break out the bath bubbles and neck pillow, I’m about to give the best reason ever… aura cleansing baths!
Let’s chat about how to take an aura cleansing bath and WHY it’s so important (especially if you’re on a spiritual, psychic, or mediumship journey)…
I’m talking about reviving your aura to soothe and restore it so that it’s so gorgeous it may literally sparkle like gems and diamonds! (There’s a link at the bottom of this post that will teach you how to see your aura in 5 minutes. It’s super easy.)
Why You NEED an Aura Cleansing Bath
As we go about our daily lives, we interact with energies everywhere:
The person throwing a fit over $0.50 at the checkout counter, the teenager laying on their horn at a stoplight, and the family have an awkwardly public fight at the mall are ALL emitting energy.
Empaths and intuitive souls are especially susceptible to picking up all that extra energy.
We go about our day to day lives, and before we know it, we’re processing all kinds of energy that is not our own… and OMG, it’s soooo draining!
You know the feeling you get after you watch the news? Where you want to pack up, rent a boat, and sail off to a sunny island? That’s coming from an overwhelm of energies, emotions, and information that our aura is picking up.
(I actually carry a black tourmaline crystal in my pocket to help combat those draining energies.)
Our auras collect energy like grandma’s knickknacks collect dust!
Cleansing your aura helps you reset, kick negative energy to the curb, and gain a bright shiny new perspective.
It allows you to focus on and enjoy your own energy (and not everyone else’s).
If you sage smudge your home, picture an aura cleansing bath as a “sage smudging for your aura!”
And, just like when you’re done smudging your house, everything feels so much more fresh, light and airy when you’re done with your aura cleansing bath!
Signs you need an aura cleansing bath:
- You’re feeling emotionally and/or physically drained
- All you want to do is crawl into bed with your cat and put a pillow over your head
- You feel overstimulated
- You’re constantly exhausted (and it’s unrelated to last nights party)
- You feel overwhelmed
- You’re withdrawing from everything and everyone (even your besties)
- People around you notice that you’re in a general “funk” or seem “off”
- You notice you’re just “going through the motions” of life
Plus, an aura cleansing bath is a great way to keep yourself energetic vibration high! So even if everything feels fantastic, why not break out the bath salts anyways? :)
How to Take an Aura Cleansing Bath
Okay — I had you at hello. You’re now convinced that an aura cleansing bath is what has been missing from your life this whole time! Here’s how to make it happen…
What you need:
- A bathtub (duh!)
- A journal (optional – but I love using mine before a bath)
- Sea salt (I’ll share my favorites below… You can also try Himalayan or Hawaiian salt)
- Essential oils (optional, but oh, such a good addition!)
My favorite sea salts and essential oil for aura cleansing baths:
Aura cleansing bath prep:
Get some alone time. During normal baths, I love to listen to podcasts or music. But for the purposes of cleansing your aura, leave your phone one the charger and dust off your ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. I promise — it’s worth it!
Set your intention. Sure, it’s easy to hop in the tub and tap your toes, waiting for something magical to happen. But in order for an aura cleansing bath to work, you have to set your intention. (Set the intention that you want to restore and refresh your aura – or some similar intention.)
Tip: Personally, I love making aura baths a ritual. Before I turn on the hot water, I light a white candle, put on my fuzzy robe and spend 20 minutes or so journaling. This will help cleanse your mind and dump any negativity that’s been rolling around in there.
Fill your tub with warm water. I like my bath water HOT, but in this case make your water a little cooler than you normally would. You may be in there a little longer than normal and you don’t want it to get uncomfortable.
Add your salts and oils. A few drops of lavender essential oil is my favorite for an aura cleansing bath. Not only is it super relaxing, it has a fresh scent that makes my body and soul feel renewed!
If you’re using Epsom or Himalayan salts, add those directly to the bath water. However if you’re using sea salt, you can (if you want) reserve it and rub it on your skin once you’re in the bath and use it as a salt scrub.
Now, get in the tub and:
Visualize. Visualization is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse your aura. So…
If you’re rubbing salt on yourself, be gentle (don’t rub your skin off!). Mix the salt with some water and scrub your body with it. Visualize that you’re scrubbing away all the excess energy and emotion that your aura has collected over time.
If you’re simply soaking, imagine the salt healing all of the negative energy and restoring your aura to it’s bright and sparkling state.
Next, imagine surrounding yourself with white light. Picture the light repelling everything no longer serving you and purifying your aura.
- If you’re stuck, try this visualization: In your mind, imagine gathering up all of your mental “clutter” – this could negative thoughts about the people you work with, worries about your teenage daughter, financial stress… Gather up ANY icky thoughts that come to mind. Now, imagine tossing all of that negativity out with the trash. Mentally return to your now empty and clean mind. Imagine your aura is sparkling gorgeous, vibrant colors that radiate through the room! Enjoy the feeling of it being simplified and whole!
Try some meditation. Did you know that your aura is a reflection of what’s going on in your mind? Therefore, it’s so important to get your mind right in order to have a sparkly clean aura. (And when I say sparkling, I literally mean it can sparkle). That’s why I love throwing some meditation into my aura cleansing bath time!
- Here’s one of my favorite aura cleansing meditations: Take a few deep breaths and think about someone you love (or all of the people that you love!). A partner, a parent, child, pet, friend, Spirit Guide, Jesus… anyone. Now, let your mind be flooded by all of the things that you love about this person… the sound of your daughter’s laugh, the way your partner makes you hot coffee on Sunday morning… Allow your mind to flood with love and the wonderful, positive attributes and memories of the person(s) you love! Hold onto that lovely feeling and allow it to naturally cleanse your aura.
When you’re done with your aura cleansing bath:
When you feel as though you are done, drain the water and be sure to put on comfy clothes or PJs. You may want to relax with a blanket and a cup of herbal tea or sage smudge the bathroom or yourself. And, if you didn’t meditate in the tub, you can do that now if you feel called to.
Aura Cleansing Bath Takeaways
As you add aura cleansing baths to your self-care routine, feel free to experiment… Try different essential oils, bring your sage stick in with you, or pop on your go-to high vibe playlist.
There isn’t an exact science to an aura cleansing bath. Remember: It’s about repealing what no longer serves you, cleaning the negative energies, and being kind to yourself.
Follow-up post: How to See Your Aura (Once you’ve had some practice and get the hang of seeing your aura, it’s SO much fun to see it before and AFTER an aura cleansing bath and notice the difference!)
Once you’ve learned your aura color, learn about its traits: