Aura cleansing bath. I don’t know about you, but I never need an excuse to hop in a hot bath.
Cold outside? Bath time.
Crazy long day? Bath time.
Kids spilled fake slime on the new carpet? Bath time — with extra bubbles!
So, even if you’re like me and don’t need an excuse to break out the bubbles and neck pillow, I’m about to give the best reason ever — aura cleansing baths!
Let’s chat about how to take an aura cleansing bath and why it’s so important (especially if you’re having a spiritual, psychic or mediumship awakening).
I’ll show you how to restore your auric energy so it can sparkle like a gem!
Why You Need an Aura Cleansing Bath
As we go about our daily lives, we interact with energies everywhere…
The person throwing a fit over $0.50 at the checkout counter, that guy laying on his horn at a stoplight, and the family having an awkwardly public fight in the mall are ALL emitting energy.
Empaths and intuitive souls are especially susceptible to picking up this energy.
As we go about our day-to-day lives, we process all kinds of energy that is not our own — and it can be draining.
For example, you know the feeling you get after you watch the news? When you want to pack your stuff, rent a boat, and sail off to a sunny island?
That’s coming from an overwhelm of energies, emotions, and information that your aura is picking up.
Our auras collect energy like grandma’s knickknacks collect dust! (I carry a black tourmaline crystal in my pocket to help combat those draining energies.)
Cleansing your aura helps you reset, eliminate negative energy, and gain a bright, shiny new perspective.
If you sage-smudge your home, picture an aura cleansing bath as a “sage-smudging for your aura.” Just like when you’re done smudging your house, you will feel refreshed, light and airy!
Signs You Need an Aura Cleansing Bath
Here are five signs that your energy fields could use some cleansing:
- You are feeling emotionally and/or physically drained
- People around you notice that you are in a ‘funk’ or seem ‘off’
- You are overwhelmed or over-stimulated
- You’re exhausted all the time (and it’s unrelated to your busy weekend)
- You are withdrawing from friends and family (even your BFF), or feel like you are “just going through the motions”
Aura cleansing baths are a great way to keep your energetic vibration high! So, even if you feel fantastic, you should still break out the bath salts.
How to Take an Aura Cleansing Bath
Okay, I had you at hello.
You’re now convinced that an aura cleansing bath is what has been missing from your life.
Here’s how to make it happen…
What you need:
- A bathtub (obvi!)
- A journal (optional — but I love using mine before a bath)
- Sea salt (I’ll share my favorites below. You can also try Himalayan or Hawaiian salt)
- Essential oils (optional, but such a good addition!)
I like making aura baths a ritual. Before I turn on the hot water, I light a white candle, put on my fuzzy robe and spend 10 minutes or so journaling. This helps cleanse my mind and dump any negativity that’s been rolling around in there.
My favorite sea salts and essential oil for aura cleansing baths:
Step 1: Aura Cleansing Bath Prep
- Set aside 30 minutes for quiet time. During normal baths, it’s nice to listen to podcasts or music. But for the purposes of cleansing your aura, leave your phone on the charger and dust off your ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. I promise, it’s worth it!
- Set your intention. Sure, it’s easy to hop in the tub and tap your toes, waiting for something magical to happen. But in order for an aura cleansing bath to work, you have to set your intention. You can set the intention that you want to restore and refresh your aura, or something similar.
- Fill your tub with warm water. I like my bath water hot, but in this case make your water a little cooler than you normally would. You may be in there a little longer than normal and you don’t want it to get uncomfortable.
- Add your salts and oils. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil, or oil of your choice. (Lavender is my fav because it’s calming, and makes my soul feel refreshed.) If you’re using Epsom or Himalayan salts, add those directly to the bath water. However if you’re using sea salt, you can reserve it and rub it on your skin once you’re in the bath and use it as a salt scrub.
Step 2: Visualize
Visualize. Visualization is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse your aura. So, hop into the tub and:
- If you’re rubbing salt on yourself, mix the salt with water and gently scrub your body. Visualize that you’re scrubbing away any excess energy and emotion that your aura has collected over time.
- If you are just soaking, imagine the salt healing any negative energy, and restoring your aura to its vibrant state.
- Now, gather up any negative thoughts that come to mind about work, finances, etc. Imagine tossing that negativity out with the trash.
- Next, imagine yourself surrounded with white light. Picture it repelling everything no longer serving you and purifying your aura. Envision your aura sparkling with gorgeous, vibrant colors that radiate around you!
Step 3: When You are Done
- When you feel ready, drain the water and be sure to put on comfy clothes or PJs.
- You may want to relax with a blanket and a cup of herbal tea or sage smudge the bathroom or yourself.
- If you would like, you can meditate (see step 4).
Step 4 (optional): Meditate
Did you know that your aura is a reflection of what’s going on in your mind?
This is another reason why it’s important to rejuvenate your mind, body, and energy fields.
Here’s a simple, aura cleansing meditation:
- Take a few deep breaths and think about someone you love (or all of the people that you love!). A partner, parent, child, pet, friend, Spirit Guide, Jesus… anyone.
- Now, let your mind be flooded by all of the things that you love about this person — the sound of your daughter’s laugh, the way your partner makes you hot coffee on Sunday morning. Allow your mind to flood with love and the wonderful, positive attributes and memories of the person(s) you love!
- Hold onto that lovely feeling for as long as you like, and allow it to naturally cleanse your aura.
Aura Cleansing Bath Takeaways
As you add aura cleansing baths to your self-care routine, feel free to experiment… Try different essential oils, bring your sage stick in with you, or pop on your go-to high-vibe playlist.
There isn’t an exact science to an aura cleansing bath. Remember: It’s about repealing what no longer serves you, cleaning the negative energies, and being kind to yourself.
Next, learn how to see auras. Once you’ve had some practice seeing your aura, take notice of your energy before and after your bath to see the difference!