How to develop psychic abilities. Do you remember when you learned to drive? The first time you hit the open road you were probably pretty nervous.
But in no time flat, you mastered the skill and were cruising around with your friends and doing errands for your parents. Looking back, driving was easier than you thought it would be (and more fun, too!)
Developing psychic abilities is similar.
Not only is it fun to connect with your intuitive gifts, it’s also easy to learn how to develop psychic abilities. All it takes is a little guidance; and that’s what this post is for, so let’s jump in!
How to Develop Psychic Abilities
The psychic development exercises below are easy, but key to strengthening your gifts. And just like driving, connecting with your psychic gifts will give you freedom!
The first thing you need to know is that there are four kinds of psychic ability. They are:
- clairvoyance (psychic vision)
- clairaudience (psychic hearing)
- clairsentience (psychic feeling)
- claircognizance (psychic knowing)
It really doesn’t matter which intuitive gift you strengthen first. They are all fabulous! But if you feel drawn to one of the following exercises over another, trust your intuition and go for it!
How to Develop Clairsentience
Clairsentience means that you receive psychic impressions through feelings and sensing, like when you get the feeling that you should start looking for a new job.
Being an empath (feeling emotions) is also part of clairsentience. Tip: if you get very emotional when you watch the news, you may be an empath.
With that, here are some of my favorite exercises for developing clairsentience:
A fun way to strengthen clairsentience is to practice psychometry.
Psychometry is learning about objects (and their owners) by sensing the energy on them. Yes, it’s as fun as it sounds, and it’s also a great way to develop psychic abilities.
Give it a try by following these simple steps:
- Ask a friend if you can borrow a piece of jewelry or small heirloom. Bonus points if the object is metal, since metal holds the most energy. It’s also good if the object is small enough to fit in your hands. Think: jewelry or keys. Also, an object that’s been used a lot (like a wedding ring) will hold more energy than something that’s hardly used.
- Got your item? Great! Now sit comfortably and take a few cleansing breaths. Then, rub your hands together a few times to get the energy moving. You may feel a tingling sensation, which is normal.
- Next, hold the object in your hands and close your eyes. Continue to relax and notice how your body feels. Do you feel any specific emotions? Do any images pop into your mind? Ask yourself questions such as:
- Does this object belong to a man or a woman?
- Is the owner of this object happy or sad?
- Does this person have any children?
- What kind of work does this person do?
- Write down everything you sense, see or hear, even if it seems silly. Don’t worry about being wrong. Right now, you are using this exercise to practice feeling energy.
- When you are done, share your impressions with the person who gave you the object and ask for feedback.
2. Develop Clairsentience with Hide and Seek (yes, really!)
Take an object that has a lot of energy on it, like your keys or a piece of clothing you’ve worn a lot. Ask a friend to hide the object, and step outside while they do.
When you re-enter, imagine connecting with the object. Feel your aura expanding and sensing the energy of the object. As you do this, ask yourself questions like:
- Is the object upstairs?
- Does the object feel like it’s up high or down low?
- Is it hidden under something? Or placed on top of something?
- Does the item feel like it’s in the kitchen? Bedroom?
I once found our “lost” cat stuck in a bedroom closet using this technique!
Psychic Game for Developing Clairvoyance
When people ask me how to become clairvoyant, I tell them to practice visualizing. Why? Because simple visualization techniques, like the one I’m going to teach you, strengthen clairvoyance and develop your psychic abilities.
1. Recall 5 Objects
- Have a friend place five various objects on a tray. Bonus points if you’ve never seen the items before so you can really stretch those psychic muscles.
- When everything is set up, study the objects for 10 seconds. Then, have your friend remove them from view.
- Now, imagine each object and where it was located on the tray. Visualizing the objects in your mind is key to this exercise.
- Write down as many items as you can recall in your mind’s eye. The more detail you can remember, the better. For example, you could write something like, “white candle with wick that has never been burned.”
As the game gets easier, continue to challenge yourself. For example, try recalling 10 objects in the same amount of time, or five objects in half the time, etc.
Working alone? No problem! Lay out five playing cards and study them for 10 seconds. Now, cover them and visualize what they were.
How to Develop Psychic Abilities: Clairaudience
My husband teases me all the time that I could hear an ant walking by. I wouldn’t say I can hear ants, but my auditory perception is pretty strong.
So, what’s the best way to develop clairaudience? It’s easy: Start listening!
In other words, be mindful of the sounds around you. (Yes, it’s that easy to start strengthening psychic hearing!)
You see, our lives are so busy that we end up tuning everything out so we can focus. So instead of turning everything out, we are going to soak it all in.
There’s a full post on developing clairaudience here. But here are some tips to get you started:
- Waiting in the car for the kids to get out of school? Use that time to develop psychic abilities. All you need to do is relax and listen. What do you hear? Birds? Cards zipping by? Kids playing outside?
- Sitting and waiting at an appointment? As you wait, listen to the sounds in the office. Do you hear someone typing on a keyboard? Papers being shuffled? Some scandalous gossip?
Practice this psychic development exercise when you have some extra time to strengthen clairaudience.
Exercise to Develop Claircognizance
You were born with intuition and an Inner Knowing. And the best way to connect with this psychic gift is to strengthen your claircognizant ability by trusting your gut.
- So next time you get the feeling you shouldn’t eat that supermarket sushi, opt for something else instead!
- Has your grandma been on your mind? Trust your intuition and give her a call.
- Not trusting your new co-worker? Honor your claircognizance and don’t share personal info.
Like building muscles, you’ve got to use your intuitive gifts to strengthen them. And there’s no easier way to do that by acting on your gut instinct.
Pro tip. When you have a feeling about something, write it down in a journal. At the end of the week, review what you wrote. I’ll bet you had lots of accurate intuitive hits!
Psychic Development Takeaways
As you can see, learning how to develop psychic abilities can be fun and easy. So don’t pressure yourself to master everything right away. As cliche as it sounds, this really is a journey.
Oh, and we’ve only scratched the surface. There are TONS more ways to develop psychic abilities. You can find a list of 28 ideas for intuitive development here.