How do I develop clairaudience? Oh, such a great question!
If you’re going through a psychic awakening, you may be feeling overwhelmed and wondering where to start. My advice is always to start with the gifts that are strongest.
BUT if you don’t know which those are, no worries! Start by developing your clairaudience – your psychic hearing or clear hearing. It’s the easiest intuitive gift to develop.
Clairaudience is Easy to Develop
Stop for a second and think about a radio. When you turn it on, the stations are already there. You simply have to “tune in” to hear what they have to offer clearly.
Psychic hearing is similar, but the messages are more subtle than those you receive with your normal hearing. At the end of the day though, it really is as simple as tuning that radio dial, but the “radio” is you.
Don’t believe it can be that easy? Consider this:
My cousin just had a baby. She’s ADORABLE, but when she cries, I have no idea what she is crying for. Is it a poopie cry? A hungry cry? I dunno! To me, it all sounds the same.
Yet my cousin has “tuned” herself into the baby to understand exactly WHAT each cry means. It’s like she and the baby have their own secret language!
Developing clairaudience is the same – it’s just a matter of learning how to “tune” into and understand it.
How do I Develop Clairaudience? 5 Easy Exercises
1. Attune your hearing
Why this works: As you attune yourself to physical sounds, it becomes easier for you to tune-into sounds from the spirit world, and hear intuitive messages.
The first thing to do to start developing clairaudience is to listen to the sounds around you.
See, I told you it was easy!
We live in a noisy world (who else has a spouse that blasts the TV volume to watch football?), so we automatically filter noise out. But we can use these sounds (and our noisy spouses) to our advantage!
Exercise to develop clairaudience:
- Close your eyes and relax
- Set the intention to strengthen your intuitive hearing
- Tune in and focus on the little sounds that you don’t normally pay attention to
What do you hear?
- Wind soughing through trees
- A full chorus of birds
- Your cell phone chiming that you’ve received a text
- The ‘whoosh’ of roller blades outside
- Justin Timberlake Bringing Sexy Back on the radio
- Cars in the far distance
Try this exercise in several locations; the more you can stretch your hearing, the better. What do you hear on your right? Your left? All around you?
2. Strengthen Clairaudience with Music
Why this works: This intuitive exercise helps you detect subtle sounds and differentiate between them. It will help you learn how to tell your own thoughts from clairaudient messages.
If you’ve been wondering to yourself “How can I develop my psychic hearing and rock out at the same time?” then I’ve got the perfect exercise for you!
It’s a lot of fun to do this exercise with Dave Matthews songs or any band that has a lot of instrumentals. Classical music is another great choice for this exercise (especially Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf).
How do I Develop Clairaudience? Exercise:
- Get your jam on.
- Now, focus your attention on one instrument — oboe, violin, drum. They are all playing simultaneously, but pick one and try to isolate its sound from the rest.
- Do you hear a violin? Great! Focus on it for a few moments.
- Now, choose another instrument and give it another go!
3. Imagine sound
Why this works: Strengthens clairaudience, and makes it easier to hear your intuition.
This is a great way to stretch those intuitive muscles!
All you need to do is sit quietly in a room and use your imagination.
Try imagining sounds like:
- Your favorite song
- The sound of your brother playing his recorder in third grade. Mom, make him stop!
- Did your grandpa use a table saw? Listen to it.
- Did your grandmother sew so well she could have been on Project Runway? Listen to the whirring of her sewing machine.
Starting to develop clairaudience can be as easy as imagining sound in your mind.
Want to hear The Four Tenors perform in Italy? Listen to them in your mind and save money on travel and ticket costs!
Why this Works: Meditation raises your vibration, and clears away the clutter in your mind. This makes it easier to connect with your intuition and do mediumship.
Wondering, how do I develop clairaudience? Meditate!
If you’re thinking, “Meditation doesn’t work for me. I can’t stop thinking,” don’t beat yourself up. A key function of our minds is to think, so of course we can’t just switch it off. Just like all of these exercises, it takes practice.
- Take some pressure off. Give your mind permission to rest and “float” for a while to declutter.
- Take 5 – 10 minutes and breathe. Let the thoughts come into your mind and then just float away in a cloud. Do some imagining. Imagine how wonderful it will be when you’ve finally developed your clairaudience!
- Once you’ve got the hang of meditating, start asking questions during meditations. Ask your Spirit Guides and Higher Self any questions you may have, and ask that the information be received via your clairaudience.
If you truly dread the idea of meditation, go for a walk in nature and just let your mind wander. Activities that relax you, such as a leisurely walk, painting, etc. are all forms of meditation.
5. Ask for spirit messages
Why this works: Trains you to have a two-way communication with Spirit, and makes you more confident in your clairaudient abilities.
You may be saying, this is all great, but how do I develop clairaudience now? How will I know when this gift is developed?
Practice asking questions and receiving information from Spirit.
In this context, we refer to Spirit as your Spirit guides, Ascended Masters, loved ones in heaven, and even your Higher Self.
So, if you have a decision to make, ask Spirit for guidance. Then, listen for an answer.
It may come in the form of a song, a letter in the mail, something a stranger says to you. It may come in an “answer” that just “pops” into your head seemingly out of nowhere.
Example: You just left your in-laws house. Your pushy father-in-law’s says you should absolutely NOT allow your 13 year old to Snapchat. But Mom, all my friends are on it … Pleeeeease!!
You get in the car and Sarah Bareillis’ Who Made You King of Anything is on the radio. ‘Nuff said.
Practicing having a two-way communication with Spirit is going to help you a LOT, especially if you are working on your mediumship gifts.
It’s also going to continue to train you to detect the subtlety of Spirit.
The MOST important thing with all of this is just to relax and have fun with ALL of these exericses.
Read Part 4: How to Know You’re Having a Clairaudient Experience