How do I develop clairaudience? Oh, such a great question!
If you’re going through a psychic awakening, you may be feeling overwhelmed and wondering where to start. My advice is always to start with the gifts that are strongest.
But if you don’t know which those are, no worries! Start by developing your clairaudience, your psychic hearing or clear hearing. It’s the easiest intuitive gift to develop.
How do I Develop Clairaudience?
Stop for a second and think about a radio. When you turn it on, the stations are already there; you simply have to “tune in” to hear what they have to offer clearly.
Psychic hearing is similar, but the messages are more subtle than those you receive with your normal hearing.
At the end of the day though, it really is as simple as tuning that radio dial, but the “radio” is you.
Don’t believe it can be that easy? Consider this:
My cousin recently had a baby girl. She’s adorable, but when she cries, I have no idea what she is crying for. Is it a poopie cry? A hungry cry? I dunno! To me, it all sounds the same.
Yet my cousin has ‘tuned’ herself into the baby to understand exactly what each cry means. It’s like she and the baby have their own secret language!
Developing clairaudience is the same — it’s just a matter of learning how to tune-in to your gift, which I’m going to teach you now.
5 Exercises to Strengthen Clairaudience
As you practice these clairaudient exercises, remember to relax and have fun with them!
1. Attune Your Hearing
The first thing to do to start developing clairaudience is to listen to the sounds around you.
See, I told you it was easy!
We live in a noisy world (who else has a spouse that blasts the TV volume to watch football?), so we automatically filter noise out. But we can use these sounds (and our noisy spouses) to our advantage.
Exercise to develop clairaudience:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes
- Now, set the intention to strengthen your intuitive hearing
- Next, focus on the sounds around you, especially the little sounds that you normally ignore
What do you hear?
- Wind soughing through trees
- A full chorus of birds
- Your cell phone chiming that you’ve received a text
- The ‘whoosh’ of roller blades outside
- Justin Timberlake Bringing Sexy Back on the radio
- Cars in the far distance
Try this exercise in several locations; the more you can stretch your hearing, the better. What do you hear on your right? Your left? All around you?
As you attune yourself to physical sounds, it will be easier for you to tune-into sounds from the spirit world and hear intuitive messages.
2. Strengthen Clairaudience with Music
If you’ve been wondering to yourself “How can I develop my psychic hearing and rock out at the same time?” then I’ve got the perfect exercise for you!
It’s a lot of fun to do this exercise with Dave Matthews songs or any band that has a lot of instrumentals. Classical music is another great choice for this exercise (especially Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf).
How do I Develop Clairaudience?
- Choose a song.
- Now, focus your attention on one instrument and try to isolate its sound from the rest.
- Do you hear a violin? Great! Focus on it for a few moments.
- Next, choose another instrument and give it another go.
This intuitive exercise will help you detect subtle sounds and differentiate between them. It will train you how to tell your own thoughts from clairaudient messages.
3. Imagine Sound
This is a great way to stretch those intuitive muscles, strengthen clairaudience, and hear your intuition!
All you need to do is sit quietly in a room and use your imagination, then, imagine sounds such as:
- Your favorite song
- The sound of your brother playing his recorder in third grade.
- Did your grandpa use a table saw? Listen to it.
- Did your grandmother sew so well she could have been on Project Runway? Listen to the whirring of her sewing machine.
Starting to develop clairaudience can be as easy as imagining sound in your mind.
Want to hear The Four Tenors perform in Italy? Listen to them in your mind and save money on travel and ticket costs!
Meditation raises your vibration and clears away the clutter in your mind, making it easier to connect with your intuition and mediumship abilities.
Wondering, “How do I develop clairaudience?” Meditate.
If you’re thinking, “Meditation doesn’t work for me, I can’t stop thinking,” don’t beat yourself up. A key function of our minds is to think, so of course we can’t just switch it off. Just like all of these intuitive exercises, it takes practice.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Take some pressure off. Give your mind permission to rest and “float” for a while to declutter.
- Take 5 – 10 minutes and breathe. Let the thoughts come into your mind and then float away in a cloud.
- Use your imagination. Imagine how wonderful it will be when you’ve finally developed your clairaudience!
- Once you’ve got the hang of meditating, start asking questions as you meditate. Ask your Spirit Guides and Higher Self any questions you may have, and ask that the information be received via your clairaudience.
Here’s my beginner’s guide to meditation.
And if you truly dread the idea of meditation, go for a walk in nature and let your mind wander. Activities that relax you, such as a leisurely walk, painting, etc. are all alternate forms of meditation.
5. Ask for Spirit Messages
This clairaudient exercise teaches you to have a two-way communication with those in spirit. It’s also a great confidence-booster for those who want to strengthen their clairaudient abilities.
All you need to do is practice asking questions and receiving guidance and messages from the spiritual realm.
The spiritual realm includes your:
- Spirit Guides
- Loved ones in heaven
- Higher Self (soul)
- Ascended Masters (Master Guides)
So, next time you have a decision to make, ask spirit for guidance. Then, listen for an answer.
It may come in the form of a song, a letter in the mail, or something a stranger says to you. It may also come to you as an inspired idea or answer that seems to pop into your head seemingly out of nowhere.
For example, you are hanging-out with your in-laws when your father-in-law says you shouldn’t allow your 13-year old on social media. But Mom, all my friends are on it. Please!
After your visit, you hop in the car, put on the radio and hear Sarah Bareillis’ Who Made You King of Anything playing. ‘Nuff said?
Practicing communicating with spirit is a powerful way to connect with your Spirit Guides, access intuitive guidance, and gain the clarity you need.
Read Part 4: How to Know You’re Having a Clairaudient Experience