Developing clairaudience (psychic hearing) should be inspiring and fun! But here’s a truth bomb for ya:
Clairaudient development can feel hard when your throat chakra is blocked.
Yep, it’s true. I’ve worked with lots of students who doubted their clairaudience — only to discover that their throat chakra was blocked!
That’s why today, we’re digging into the clairaudient-throat chakra connection.
- First, we’ll talk a bit about chakras, and how to know when your throat chakra is closed.
- Then, we’ll cover how you’ll feel once you’ve opened your throat chakra.
- Last, I’ll teach you 9 ways to unblock it with ease!
Developing Clairaudience via Your Throat Chakra
What are Chakras?
Chakras are beautiful multi-colored balls of energy. Picture them as 7 spinning wheels that line up from the base of your spine to the top of your head.
Each chakra is in charge of certain emotions, desires, and areas of our body, depending on its location.
But chakras are a lot more than spinning wheels of energy. They impact the way we feel and interact with the world. Chakras even impact our intuitive abilities!
Related: 11 Signs You’re Clairaudient
Your Throat Chakra
Your throat chakra is the energy center located in the back of your throat. Picture it as a gorgeous, turquoise-colored spinning wheel of energy.
It rules creativity, communication, and clairaudient psychic ability.
Because it’s connected to clairaudience, a blocked throat chakra can make it super hard to develop your psychic hearing. It’s like having a stick lodged in a spinning pinwheel.
Signs of a Blocked Throat Chakra
When your throat chakra is closed (blocked), its powerful abilities are stunted.
To return it to its glorious state, you just need to open it up. It’s like removing the stick from a spinning pinwheel.
Don’t worry, though. It’s easy to know when your throat chakra is closed.
Signs that your throat chakra is closed:
- It’s difficult to express your thoughts, feelings, and emotions
- You’re experiencing a creative block
- You feel like others are steamrolling you verbally
- You struggle to hear and develop your clairaudience (more on this below)
- It’s hard to trust your Inner Voice
- It feels like the “weight of the world” is on your shoulders
- You often feel misunderstood when you do speak out
Individually, these signs can be easy to miss. But reading the list together can be a major “aha” moment!
That’s why it’s important to have an open and balanced throat chakra as you’re developing clairaudience.
Now, let’s talk about what you’ll feel like when your throat chakra is wide open and spinning brightly…
Signs that your throat chakra is open and balanced:
- You feel peaceful when standing up for yourself, or speaking your truth
- Developing your clairaudience feels natural and easy
- You are able to listen to, and trust, your Inner Voice
- Creativity flows freely, and you can journal, write, or express yourself artistically with no trouble. (Tip: journaling can also help with developing your psychic abilities!)
- You have a sense of renewed confidence when expressing yourself
- You feel connected to your Higher Self, intuition, and Spirit Guides
How to Open Your Throat Chakra and Strengthen Clairaudience
Obviously, speaking your truth and rediscovering your creativity is important. And if you’re here, developing clairaudience is super-important to you, too!
So, let’s talk about how to open your throat chakra so you can unlock and develop your psychic hearing.
9 Ways to Open Your Throat Chakra
1. Sing it out. Try belting out your favorite tune in the car (don’t worry, no one is listening!)
2. Write yourself a letter. Get all your truth out onto paper and allow yourself to express your feelings.
3. Write someone else a letter. No, you don’t have to send it. But speaking your truth, even on paper, will help open your throat chakra.
4. Read out loud. It can be your go-to book, something you wrote, or the junk mail that landed in your mailbox… it doesn’t matter! It’s all about using your voice.
5. Use essential oils. Rub a drop of frankincense or ylang-ylang oil on your palms. Then, place your hands on your throat or over your ears for a few minutes.
6. Stretch it out. Chakras can impact our physical health too! Try some gentle neck exercises and stretches such as a head rotation.
7. Be honest! I know, this can be the hardest one of all. But try to make an effort to be honest, and lovingly say what you are feeling in any given moment.
8. Dive back into your hobbies. Even if you still feel blocked, try picking up a creative hobby you used to love.
9. Meditate. As you meditate, focus on your neck and throat chakra. Or use the popular guided meditation I created to open your throat chakra and strengthen clairaudience. You can grab your copy of the meditation here.
Developing Clairaudience – Throat Chakra Takeaways
Your throat chakra is in charge of your communication and creativity.
When it’s closed, you can feel creatively blocked or have trouble speaking your truth.
Struggling to develop clairaudience is also a telltale sign that your throat chakra is blocked.
I developed a beautiful, guided meditation to open your throat chakra and expand your clairaudience. Learn more about the Intuitive Throat Chakra Meditation here.