Clairvoyance, sometimes called second sight, is what most people think of when they hear the word “psychic”.
It’s the gift that’s usually depicted in a WAY over-the-top manner in movies and in the media. I had a vision that a body was on the north side of the swamp. Eeks!
So even though clairvoyance is the “clair” that most people are familiar with, it’s by far the most misunderstood.
BTW, this is the first post in a series on clairvoyance. Today, we’ll clear up some of the mumbo jumbo, set the record straight, figure out if you have this cool gift, and start developing it. Ready?
What is Clairvoyance?
Clairvoyance is one of the major psychic abilities and means “clear seeing”. It means you receive intuitive information through visions, pictures and symbols.
This “inner seeing” is usually within in the mind’s eye. In other words, you probably won’t see a Spirit in full form sitting on your couch sipping on a latte.
If clairvoyance is one of your psychic abilities, you may have noticed:
- Flashes of light or sparkly light out of the corner of your eye
- Movement in your peripheral vision when there is no movement in the room
- Spontaneous images that “flash” before your eyes
- Ethereal colors surrounding a person or living thing (their aura)
- Vivid dreams that seem real – That dream where Ryan Reynolds was cooking me dinner was SO real!
You may have experienced these flashes of clairvoyance throughout your life, not realizing what they meant.
Now that you know this, you can start paying more attention to these signs and tap into the wisdom your spiritual guides are offering you! Exciting, huh?
Ways you can Receive Clairvoyant Messages
In the movies, psychics see the future as it will happen. Lots of times, there is a scary message or image attached to it. Don’t worry. That just sells movie tickets. :)
Receiving messages through clairvoyance in the real world isn’t scary. Here is a list of ways you might receive messages via your clairvoyance:
1. Third Eye
Clairvoyant messages aren’t visible in the real world— if you have the ability of psychic sight, you’ll usually “see” the messages/images/vision in your mind’s eye.
This is possible by way of our third eye, the chakra between our eyebrows. It’s commonly called our “mind’s eye,” and it is where the messages from our spiritual guides come through.
2. Images and Movies in Your Head
People experience all different things when receiving messages via their clairvoyance. Just like snowflakes, no two clairvoyants see things the same. Psychic sight can come as:
- A “snapshot” of an image in your mind
- A vision of a “symbol” that represents something else – like a decadent chocolate cake that symbolizes “birthday”
- Moving pictures, like you’re watching a movie in your head
None of these is better or worse than the other, just different. They’re all equally awesome.
Symbols are a HUGE part of psychic ability – and that includes clairvoyance.
Lots of times, psychic messages are symbolic.
It might even feel like you are playing a game of charades saying to yourself, What in the world does that mean?
For example, instead of being shown the birth of a child, you may see images of baby booties and a crib. If you don’t understand the symbols right now, don’t worry. In time, you’ll learn to work with your Spirit Guides to decipher them.
The good news is that you are getting the message. The meanings will come in time.
Where do Clairvoyant Messages come from?
You may have been frightened in the past when seeing images or heard of someone having a “vision”.
Let’s face it, seeing movement where there is none and random flashing lights can be scary.
But the spirits attempting to contact you were not trying to trick you or scare you—they were simply trying to get information to you.
Our trusted spirit guides, angels and loved ones in heaven are the ones who send us information through our intuition and psychic gifts, so there is no need to be worried about who is “coming through.”
As you continue to develop your clairvoyance, you will be able to pick up on who is sending you the message—whether it be one of your spiritual advisors or your late Aunt Jen.
Until then, trust that your clairvoyance is only being used for your highest good.
Is Clairvoyance One of your Gifts?
Each of us has intuition and is capable of receiving psychic information. Wouldn’t you love to know if clairvoyance is one of your intuitive gifts? (I would!)
Here are a few of the common traits that clairvoyants have:
- You learn better by seeing information visually, like written on paper, in a chart or in a book instead of having the information explained to you verbally.
- You find it easy to day dream and visualize things in your mind – like going on a hot air balloon ride with Ryan Reynolds or Taylor Swift.
- You are visually observant. If your kids moved your favorite plant over an inch – you’re gonna notice!
How to Develop your Clairvoyance
Anyone can develop clairvoyance.
It may feel strange to know this, because you may have been called a daydreamer or been told by some cranky pants to “get real”. But now you know that this awesome ability is a gift!
Here’s a quick start guide to developing clairvoyance:
• Practice visualizing different things in your mind’s eye. Imagine yourself on a white, sandy beach sipping on a tropical drink and watching the tide roll in. Allow yourself to daydream. See as much detail as possible.
• Imagine your third eye opening during meditation. You can also use crystals, like lapis lazuli or a clear quartz crystal to encourage your third eye to open. Make the crystals your new besties if you want to – lay them on your third eye while you meditate, or sleep with them near your pillow.
• As with all things, intention is a big part of developing your psychic gifts. Let your guides know that you are open to developing your clairvoyance and ask for their help. They will be happy to assist you!