What is Clairvoyance?
Clairvoyance, sometimes called second sight or clear seeing, is what most people think of when they hear the word psychic.
But even though clairvoyance is the ‘clair’ most people are familiar with, it’s the least understood.
Today, I’ll teach you what clairvoyance really is, how to know if it’s one of your intuitive gifts, and how to strengthen it. I’ll also share my top tips for opening your third eye.
Clairvoyance is the ability to connect with your intuition through visions, pictures and symbols.
Unlike Hollywood’s version though, real psychic visions aren’t scary (who else lost sleep after watching The Sixth Sense?)
In fact, psychic sight can be very subtle and appear as:
- Moving pictures (like watching a movie in your mind)
- Twinkling or sparkling sparkly lights that are seen out of the corner of your eye
- A color or “glow” around someone (their aura)
- Brief mental images or that flash before your eyes
- The image of something happening, right before it does
- A “snapshot” of an image in your mind
What’s it Like to Experience Clairvoyance?
Clairvoyance is usually experienced as an inner seeing within your mind’s eye.
Sometimes people will have a vision that is similar to watching a movie inside their mind; other times, they might see a still picture.
This is made possible by way of your third eye, the chakra (energy center) between your eyebrows.
For example, you probably won’t see a spirit sitting in full-form on your couch, sipping a latte. (Thank goodness, right?)
Clairvoyant abilities are like the GIFs of the psychic world!
Is Clairvoyance Scary?
You may have been frightened in the past when seeing images or hearing of someone having a vision.
But while movies have commonly attached psychic abilities to scary messages (especially when it comes to the third eye), this is not the case, because…
So, there’s no need to worry!
As you continue to develop your clairvoyance, you will be able to pick up on who is sending you the message—whether it be one of your spiritual advisors or your late Aunt Jen.
Until then, trust that your clairvoyance is for your highest good.
Do Visions Tell the Future?
Future visions are not out of the question, but most times, especially during readings, you will see what’s going on now, in the present. You may also see things from the past that are affecting the present, which offers major insight.
That said, strengthening your clairvoyance is a great way to connect with your intuition, which can lead to more joy and clarity in your life!
Signs You Are Clairvoyant
Take a look at the following clairvoyant signs and notice if the overall vibe resonates with you.
And don’t worry, you don’t have to have every symptom on the list to have the gift of psychic sight!
We all have access to intuitive guidance and the ability to connect with and strengthen our psychic abilities, including clear seeing.
- You’ve seen flashes of colored light, orbs, or twinkles in the room or out of the corner of your eye.
- You are drawn to beautiful things. Everything from interior design to sparkly crystals lights you up!
- Vivid dreams or precognitive dreams are common for you. (Yes, even if you can’t remember them!)
- You’re “artsy.” A walk through an art museum or coloring mandalas soothes your soul!
- Visualizing is easy for you. When I say picture Jon Hamm in your mind, you can totally see him.
- You’ve had a spontaneous image or vision ‘flash’ before your eyes.
- You’ve noticed colors or energy surrounding a person or living thing.
Now that you know the signs, you can start strengthening your ability and access the wisdom your Spirit Guides have to offer you!
How to Strengthen and Develop Clairvoyance
Everyone has the ability to develop clairvoyance, though it’s normal to experience doubt at first.
After all, you may have been called a daydreamer in the past or been told to “get real.”
Or, you may have even experienced flashes of clairvoyance throughout your life, but thought to yourself, “Oh, I just dozed off for a second, that wasn’t a vision.”
Our logical mind loves to find ways to make us doubt our intuition, but now, you know that being clairvoyant is a gift!
You can start increasing your clairvoyant ability with the guidance I’m going to share with you right now.
Touch Your Third Eye
Your third eye chakra is like a muscle that needs exercise to stay open and balanced. So, set the intention of opening your third eye chakra, then take your finger and place it between your eyebrows.
Next, you can:
- Hold your finger on your third eye and imagine it activating
- Imagine your psychic eye opening while moving your finger in a circular motion
- Tap the area and imagine “activating” it. (This is my favorite method.)
Each of these methods works well, it’s just a matter of personal preference.
Tip: If you start to feel tingling in the area, don’t worry. It’s normal, and means your third eye is opening, yay!
More Ways of Developing Clairvoyance:
- Practice visualizing for 10 minutes a day. In your mind’s eye, imagine yourself on a white, sandy beach sipping on a tropical drink and watching the tide roll in; or imagine your dream home in glorious detail… What color are the walls? The furniture? Is there crown molding? Allow yourself to daydream and see your visions with as much detail as possible.
- Imagine your third eye opening during meditation. You can also use crystals, like lapis lazuli or a clear quartz crystal to encourage this chakra to open. Make the crystals your new besties if you want to – lay them on your third eye while you meditate, or sleep with them near your pillow.
- Practice seeing auras. Grab some plain white paper and colored pencils, then, have a friend sit in front of you. Now, draw a picture of your friend on the paper – yes, stick figures are fine. Imagine your friend’s aura. What does it look like? Is it big, bright, and beautiful? Aqua? Yellow? Use your colored pencils and color the aura around your drawing. When you are done, ask your intuition, “What do these aura colors mean?”
- As with all things, intention is a big part of developing your psychic gifts. Let your Spirit Guides know that you are open to developing your clairvoyance and ask for their help. They will be happy to assist you!
Read the next posts in the clairvoyance series:
- 2: Signs You’re Clairvoyant
- 3: 5 Exercises to Become More Clairvoyant
- 4: How to Trust Clairvoyant Messages
Clairvoyance is one of the main psychic abilities and means “clear seeing”. This ability connects you with your intuition via visions, images and symbols.
Clairvoyant impressions come from your Higher Self (soul), and spiritual team of Guides, loved ones in heaven, angels, Masters and Teachers — so there’s no need to worry… your highest good is their priority!
You may have experienced psychic sight throughout your life, not realizing what it was. For example, maybe you saw some twinkling lights out of the corner of your eye, or saw your grandma’s vase fly off the shelf in your mind’s eye seconds before it fell.
Strengthening this intuitive gift is totally possible with the right guidance, and can bring more joy and clarity to your life!