Psychic clairvoyant experiences are AMAZING. You get to see images, symbols, and even little “movies” in your head.
But even if you feel mostly awesome about your abilities, there will still be times when you doubt yourself.
We ALL have doubt sometimes — especially in the beginning when our intuitive gifts are first awakening.
BTW, this is post #4 in our clairvoyance series. Links to the rest of the series are at the bottom of this post. :)
Does this sound familiar?
One day you know it’s all real and you feel like you are walking on sunshine! You feel aligned with your soul and oh-so-bubbly!
You smile at the crabby teen who bags your groceries and send her loving pink light!
You pick up your bag of carrots and bounce out of the market.
Psychic clairvoyance rocks!
The next day, you feel… doubt.
You wonder if you REALLY have psychic clairvoyant ability.
- Is this all in my head?
- Am I just making it all up?
- I’m not very good at this.
But like Susan Powter said in the 90’s, it’s time to Stop the Insanity!
I know — it can be tough to trust your experiences when the world around you perceives right-brain people as flakes. And it’s not like we can see or touch our intuition, so it’s doubly tricky!
But I PROMISE, you CAN learn to trust your psychic clairvoyant abilities.
I was THE Queen of Doubt! If I could learn to trust, so can you.
How to Start Trusting Your Psychic Clairvoyant Experiences
Have faith in yourself… just for now
Did you ever stop and think about how much we abuse ourselves with negative self-talk? A lot!
Decide that just for this week, this day, or even this hour, you are going to trust the messages you get.
- Take Away: Today, give yourself the benefit of the doubt and have faith in yourself and your psychic clairvoyant abilities. Then watch for and EXPECT amazing insights to come to you.
Ask for it
Would you give a kid in kindergarten a calculus book? Hmm, nope. You’d break out the flash cards and teach them that 1+1 = 2.
Starting today, ask your Spirit Guides for CLEAR images that you will be able to EASILY interpret.
Ask for signs, too. When I was developing my gifts, I asked my Guides for “signs” all the time.
I worried about getting the “right” message, and I needed a lot of reassurance from them. So if you are the same, don’t worry.
- Take Away: Your spiritual team is THRILLED that you are on the road to learning about and using your psychic clairvoyant gifts, so they won’t mind being asked for a sign (or 10!)
Trust your Guides
Sometimes, you may get messages that seem just plain weird and wonder what your Guides have been smokin’.
For example, I was giving a mediumship reading once and saw a glass eyeball in my mind’s eye. Yes, you read that right… eyeball.
As my client sat across from me, I convinced myself that this vision was completely wrong, that I sucked, and that I should go back to school for accounting. But guess what?
She knew exactly what the glass eyeball was all about!
It does take some practice to learn how to interpret these messages, especially when they are sent as a symbol or metaphor. So don’t beat yourself up. Baby steps.
If you can’t figure a message out, ask your Guides for help clarifying what you saw.
- Take away: You can trust your Spirit Guides. These bundles of energy could be chilling with Source right now, but have chosen to help you out, so know that whatever they send you, is golden.
It’s totally exciting when you start seeing real progress in your gifts, and it’s easy to overshare.
For example, you decide to quit the job you hate and become a freelancer. You’ve always wanted to do this, but finally feel ready because of messages you’ve received through your psychic clairvoyant abilities.
That’s awesome! I couldn’t be happier for you! Hugs and smiles! :)
But the truth is, not everyone will understand. Some will think that you’re so open minded that your brains fell out. You’re listening to your clair-whaaaat?
So, it’s a good idea to think carefully before sharing this information with certain people. You know the ones. They live solidly in the left-brain, logical world and they simply wouldn’t understand about feeling called or guided.
It’s not that they wish you to be unhappy. It’s that they don’t get it. They haven’t opened up to their intuition so they can’t relate. It’s like they speak a different language.
- Take away: It’s so easy to second-guess yourself during this phase. Keeping certain info on a “need-to-know” basis allows you to share with the people that will encourage you — not the ones who won’t.
OK, you’ve asked for help from your Spirit Guides and you are choosing to trust yourself. Now what?
You are going to start getting messages, babe, believe it!
One easy way to learn to trust your psychic clairvoyant gifts is to keep a journal of your experiences.
Write down all of the messages or answers you get. Write down your dreams, your visions and any other communications, too.
- Take away: This will be a huge help at times when you feel doubt. You will be able to look back to see the “facts” in black and white.
It’s also fun to be able to go back and read your journals later on!
Raise your vibration
To get messages, it’s helpful to have a high vibration. Remember, all energy vibrates at a certain frequency. Spirit energy vibrates really fast (because it’s not weighed down by a physical body or negative energy).
When your vibration is high, you’ll feel how much easier it is to receive and TRUST the psychic clairvoyant messages that you are receiving.
Raising your vibration is easy: Do more of what makes you happy and stay away from negativity. You might be thinking, but have you met my in-laws?
I’ve talked to many people — myself included (yes, I talk to myself LOL) — who have had to TRAIN themselves to put their happiness first. It feels weird in the beginning, but it starts to feel more natural the more you do it.
- Take away: A high vibration helps you be a clear clairvoyant channel.
Practice, practice, practice
With practice and more successes, your confidence will naturally grow. Practice can be as simple as asking for guidance for yourself, then following it:
- Ask for guidance. Write it in your journal.
- If you don’t get an answer at first, ask for signs. Write them down in your journal.
- Take away: Make practicing a part of your day, every day. You won’t believe how quickly you’ll start trusting your psychic clairvoyant insights!
More Clairvoyance Goodness: