Clairaudient experiences are one of the ways in which our Higher Self (soul), Spirit Guides, angels, and departed loved ones communicate with us.
Through our psychic hearing, we can receive guidance, and even have a two-way communication with our spiritual helpers!
But how do you know you’re connecting with the Divine? How do you know it’s not just “all in your head”? That’s what we’re going to uncover today.
P.S. This is the last of our series about clairaudience. If you missed the first three posts, you can get caught up here: 1) Understanding Psychic Hearing, 2) 14 Signs You’re Clairaudient, 3) How to Develop Clear Hearing
Many people doubt they’re clairaudient simply because they think this gift is much more dramatic than it actually is.
In reality, clairaudient experiences are usually very subtle.
When my son’s guitar is not fine-tuned, I can’t tell… but he can. His ear is trained to recognize the subtle distinctions in tone.
Developing clear hearing is a lot like learning to tune a guitar by ear. With practice and an awareness of what to “listen for”, you’ll be able to recognize when you’re having a clairaudient experience, too.
I’m not gonna lie – it’s pretty awesome!
Clairaudient Experiences vs. Regular Thinking
What about when clairaudience isn’t so profound? Remember, most clairaudient experiences are subtle.
What if you want to be able to tune into your intuition and your Spiritual guides regularly?
That could be a super-helpful tool in life, right?
When you’re aware of what to look for, you’ll see that it’s not that difficult to distinguish between clairaudience and your logical mind.
As with all psychic development, it just takes a bit of practice and patience.
How you know it’s clairaudience
The key is to become aware of how clairaudient experiences manifest. As you’ll see, it’s a bit different from your thinking mind.
- Usually sounds like your own voice (like when you are thinking or reading to yourself).
- Usually heard internally, but can be heard externally on rare occasions
- Always for your highest and best good. This is because the primary energy of Spirit is love. Spirit would never tell you to do harm to another, get revenge, etc. The soul is compassionate and forgiving.
- Does not impose on your free will. While you can receive Divine guidance if you ask for help, Spirit will never tell you what to do. Choices are always yours.
- May feel like auditory impressions or like a thought “popped” into your head. For example, if I’m brushing my teeth and thinking about my grocery list and suddenly have a memory of my grandfather in heaven – I KNOW he is communicating with me telepathically. Why? Because it’s a completely different thought from the one I was having. It’s also heard internally, and uplifting. See how subtle clairaudient experiences can be?
- Can be short, especially when your clear hearing is just unfolding. You may hear hear a snippet of music, a word, or a phrase. As you develop this ability, you will be able to have a longer, two-way dialogue with your Spiritual team.
How I Experience Clairaudient Messages
I’m a clairaudient and clairsentient psychic medium. Those are my two strongest intuitive abilities.
If I am doing a reading for someone, I will hear things like names or phrases from Spirit. I usually hear them in my voice. Sometimes, I hear them in Spirit voice.
I also receive large pieces of information – like paragraphs of auditory impressions or thoughts. Many times, it’s like I open my mouth and these really deep and wise words pour out! (I know it’s Spirit because the wisdom is far beyond what I could ever think of!)
And in my everyday life, I listen to my intuition to help me navigate through each day. It helps me with setting priorities, making decisions, and live life in the most joyful way possible. I rely on my clairaudience as much as my physical senses.
For me, it’s so comforting to know that my spiritual team has my back and is there for me :)
Anyone can experience clairaudience
You don’t have to be a psychic to have an experience with clairaudience.
Everyone has intuition and access to divine guidance. It doesn’t matter if you’re a carpenter, Selena Gomez, or the president. (I explain this in depth in the post Intuitive Guidance Explained.)
Two examples of clairaudient experiences:
A Quick Warning
You’ve probably heard stories about someone being kept from harm because they heard a warning.
That’s exactly what happened to my husband. He was on the highway with his co-workers when, in his mind, he heard that everyone needed to buckle up pronto! (I know, they should have already been buckled up!)
I guess hanging out with a psychic wife has rubbed off on him, because he listened to this guidance. Minutes later, their truck was slammed from behind by a speeding driver. Thankfully, everyone was OK.
He’s “the One”
I have a friend who had an ah-maz-ing clairaudient experience. She heard the words he’s the one when she was introduced to the General Manager of a company.
As corny and unbelievable as it sounds, she was super excited because she KNEW she received a message.
She was right. Two years later they were married!
Maybe you had a similar experience. And maybe it was easy to know that this was your intuition or Divine intervention because the message appeared suddenly, clearly, and was a little louder than your regular thinking.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this series about clairaudience. I had so much fun writing it! I hope you are excited to start developing this wonderful intuitive gift!
Next Read: 28 Psychic Development Ideas