Psychic Meditation for Beginners
Psychic meditation is an important part of your journey, and a great way to connect with your Higher Self and intuition — but it’s not always clear how to get started.
That’s why I’m sharing one of my favorite meditations to strengthen your intuitive abilities, step-by-step!
You can use this meditation to:
- Center yourself before giving an intuitive or mediumship reading. (I created this meditation in 2000, and it’s been my ‘go-to’ ever since; I’ve used it thousands of times because it’s quick and effective!)
- Increase your psychic ability. Using this meditation a few times a week will strengthen your intuitive gifts: clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance. Plus, you’ll enjoy other benefits, like a higher vibe and increased clarity!
Psychic Meditation Steps
Step 1. Center Yourself
- Set aside 10-15 minutes. Sit in a comfy chair with your back supported and feet on the floor.
- Now, imagine your feet being rooted in the ground, the way trees are rooted to the Earth.
- Next, place your hands in your lap with your palms facing up (this helps you receive intuitive information during the psychic meditation).
Step 2. Breathe ‘Om’ and ‘Ah’
- Close your eyes and take some relaxing breaths.
- Breathe in through your nose, and as you do, feel your stomach expand.
- Then, exhale through your mouth. Let your stomach relax.
- Breathe in again and focus on the word Om.
- As you exhale, say Ah.
- Continue to breathe at a nice, calm pace.
Step 3. Set Your Intention
- Ask your Spirit Guides and angels to surround you with love and positive energy. This ensures that you work from a place of love and light. (You have a connection with your Guides, so don’t worry if you don’t know who they are yet.)
- Now, set the intention that this psychic meditation is for your best and highest good. Allow yourself to feel the yummy, positive energy!
Step 4. Connect With Your Intuitive Gifts
Now that you have raised your vibration, it’s time to connect with your intuitive gifts.
- In your mind’s eye, visualize a white candle being lit. This symbolizes that your gifts are open.
- Next, pay attention to your body. Do you:
- See any images in your mind’s eye (third eye)?
- Feel any physical sensations in your body?
- Feel a specific emotion?
- Have words or names that come to mind?
- Have a sense of inner knowing?
No matter how subtle, write it all down.
Tip: Psychic meditation takes a little practice, so don’t worry if you don’t get much at first. I promise, you will as your intuition gets stronger.
Step 5. End the Psychic Meditation
The more you use this psychic meditation, the more it will open and strengthen your beautiful intuition! Now it’s time to end the meditation and ground yourself.
- Imagine blowing the candle out, then, thank your Spirit Guides for their love and support.
- Last, ground yourself by blowing into the palms of your hands, or using one of these grounding methods.
Tips and Takeaways
Meditation is a great way to develop your intuitive ability. Practicing this psychic meditation a few times a week will help you connect with, and strengthen, your intuitive gifts.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Psychic development is a journey; like growing a garden, it takes time, love, practice and patience. You can totally switch it up, too, and try one of these alternatives.
- You’re not alone in your journey. Use my meditation guide to learn about mala beads, guided meditation, and more. And if you want to become a Zen pro, try out one of these mantras.
- Want to develop clairvoyancy? Here’s a powerful meditation to strengthen clairvoyance.