Community member Ellen reached out and asked a great question about psychic gifts opening.
She said, “Hi Jessica, I’ve been working on opening my psychic abilities for about a year, but I’m having trouble opening all my clairs. I’m afraid I’ll never be able to give readings because I don’t have all the clairs. What should I do?”
Oh Ellen, you are such a sweet soul! Let’s grab a cup of herbal tea and have a chat.
You don’t need to have EVERY clair to be an intuitive reader or medium. You can still help people even if you only have ONE of the clairs.
Also, it’s normal to have one or two dominant psychic abilities.
And, your other clairs might open up later in your journey.
Communication with the Divine can happen in all different ways
If your clairsentience is weak, you may not get a sense of a birthday or celebration, but you might:
- Hear the happy birthday song. (clairaudience)
- Have a knowing of a birthday. It may feel like this information was downloaded to you. (claircognizance)
- See a birthday cake in your mind’s eye. (clairvoyance)
- Smell a freshly baked birthday cake. (clairalience)
If Spirit wants to communicate that they passed of a heart attack:
- You may hear words associated with a heart-attack, such as “clogged artery”. (clairaudience)
- You may feel a twinge in your chest. (clairsentience)
- In your mind’s eye, you may see a damaged heart. (clairvoyance)
Don’t Sweat it if All Your Clairs Aren’t Strong
There are more ways to receive intuitive information than there are lipstick shades in Kim Kardashian’s closet (well, maybe not that many).
If your only psychic ability was clairvoyance, you’d still be able to give readings and help SO many people!
The most important thing is to understand how YOUR abilities work – how do YOU receive information? Remember, all psychics and mediums work a little bit differently.
Start taking notice of the unique way in which your gifts work.