Psychometry is a fabulous way to develop ALL of your intuitive gifts, including clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance.
It’s also a wonderful way to strengthen and grow your confidence in mediumship.
I always recommend pychometry to beginners because having a physical item to hold helps bring a feeling of security and boosts confidence. It’s like using training wheels when you learn to ride a bike.
Exercise enthusiasts have Jazzercise and psychics have psychometry. This might be the most fun you’ll ever have with your psychic development.
What is Psychometry?
Psychometry is when you read the energy of an object. You can sense things, receive images, feel emotions, hear sounds, and receive smells and tastes about the history of an object and its owner.
It’s also been called token-object reading, psychoscopy, and clairtangency.
Some say that being near the object is enough to read it, but if you’re a newbie, it’s best to hold the item if you can. If the object is too big (like the HUGE motorcycle helmet I once had to read for a criminal investigation), comfortably place your hands on the item instead.
Remember to relax and have fun with it. Don’t stress out.
How Does Psychometry Work?
Did you ever touch the bathroom mirror after getting out of the shower? Maybe you drew a little heart for your honey to see each time the mirror fogs up?
I can’t tell you how many hearts and “hi mom!” messages have been imprinted by tiny hands leaving me “messages” on my bathroom mirror.
Psychometry works in a similar way. But with psychometry, it’s not a physical fingerprint, it’s an energetic fingerprint.
We are all made up of energy. Our energy leaves an “energetic imprint” on all objects we come in contact with.
This means that objects will hold a vibration of what has been impressed upon them. These energy fields, or auras, that surround the object is what you are reading when you use psychometry. Makes a lot of sense, right?
Tip: Obviously, the more energy on an object, the more information you can get. And metal objects typically hold more energy than other objects.
For example, you would be able to get more information from a wedding ring than say, a pair of gloves that were only worn once.
Signs You Might Have Psychometry Abilities
People who are empaths and have the psychic ability clairsentience are often excellent at psychometry.
Does this psychometry list resonate with you:
- You can’t buy or wear used clothes or jewelry
- You get a weird feeling when you go into an antique store
- You can’t have furniture that’s been used
- You feel overwhelmed if you go into a pawn shop
- You feel uncomfortable in cluttered spaces (too much energy)
- You feel like you have to wash your hands after picking up used items
Do you have any of these psychometry signs? Does it make sense WHY you didn’t want your Aunt Alice’s floral print sofa – ugly pattern aside?
How to do Psychometry
Psychometry is very easy. The more you practice, the easier it will get. Anyone can do it.
- Wash and dry your hands. They don’t have to be sterile or anything, you’re just washing the energy off.
- Rub your hands together to get the energy flowing.
- Now, keep the palms of your hands facing each other and slightly (about 1/4 of an inch) pull your hands apart. Do you feel a sort of thick feeling between your palms? Or a feeling of “energy”? If you do, perfect! If you don’t, try rubbing your hands together a little bit more.
- Hold an item in your hands. A ring or necklace that someone wears frequently is perfect for this exercise. It’s best if the object belongs to someone you don’t know (ask a friend if they have some family jewelry that you can practice with).
- Relax. Close your eyes if you want to.
- Allow images and sounds about the owner of the object to come into your mind. What do you see, hear, smell, sense?
- Who owns this object?
- What is the personality of the owner?
- What types of experiences did the owner have while in possession of this object?
- Is the owner living or have they passed away?
Sometimes, the strongest energy emanating from an object are EMOTIONS. Love, hate, and fear are proven to be three of the most powerful emotions that can be felt. This holds true in psychometry readings as well.
And remember, photos of people, houses, or gravesites may also be read with psychometry. Practicing mediumship with a photo of a departed loved one is a nice way to work with psychometry and link into Spirit.
The BEST Psychometry Resource I’ve Found
Way back when I was first developing my mediumship and intuitive abilities, I stumbled across a book at the local bookstore called How To Do Psychic Readings Through Touch.
I read the book a long time ago and thought it was AMAZING. It was one of the most helpful and practical books I had read at the time about psychic development – focusing on psychometry. I highly recommend it!
I know that you are well on your way to rockin’ it with psychometry. As always, remember to have FUN!
Next Read: 11 Signs that You’re Clairaudient