Tips for spirit communication. Hey there! Today, I’m answering a community question:
“Sometimes when I sleep I see a flash and right after, feel my heart start to clench, like someone squeezing it. Does that mean Spirit is trying to communicate with me or is it something else? I know that I don’t have any illness or heart problems so it’s not a physical issue. Can you clarify what’s going on?” – Frances
First, super important:
I am not a doctor and don’t play one on the internet. I can tell you what my experience is with Spirit communication, BUT, if you are having chest pains, seek medical help. You will not have physical pain when communicating with Spirit.
With that said, let’s get to the Spirit communication tips.
Spirit Communication Explained
There are some common things that happen as your psychic and mediumship abilities open up.
For example, you might:
- See a Spirit in your mind’s eye with your clairvoyance (totally NOT in a creepy way, I promise!)
- Hear Spirit with your clairaudience (again, not creepy).
- See flashes of sparkly lights.
- Know things about a Spirit — without knowing how you know. (This is known as claircognizance or inner knowing.)
- Feel a Spirit with your clairsentience (psychic sensing and feeling). For example, you may feel the personality of a spirit, or sense how they passed away.
As you can see, you may feel, sense, hear, or know things when you communicate with Spirit.
For me, I know Spirit is around is when I see sparkly white lights out of the corner of my eye. I can also feel Spirit when they are around.
Tip: if you are a psychic medium (read the signs here), you may even feel slight physical sensations. But don’t worry, it’s NOT scary or “too much.” That means:
- If a person passed of pancreatic cancer, you may feel a twinge in your stomach.
- For a toothache, you may feel a twinge in your tooth or mouth.
- If a person had migraines (or passed of a head injury), you may get a heaviness or tingle in your head.
- Will never cause you physical pain.
- Will not last more than a moment.
- Are subtle. So don’t worry. Be excited that you are connecting with Spirit. Yay! :)
What if you are afraid?
When I was a little girl, I used to be afraid that there were monsters under my bed. And as much as my parents assured me there was only dust under there (these were pre-Swiffer days), I wanted MORE assurance.
I needed to see with my own little eyes that the bed was all-clear. So I would bend down as my mom stood by and peek under the bed to see… dust — just like Mom said. :)
So what does all this have to do with Spirit communication?
In order to get comfortable connecting with Spirit, you need to know this:
Your psychic and mediumship gifts are always within your control — always!
All the scary stuff you see in movies like The Sixth Sense just sells movie tickets. In fact, real Spirit communication is loving and subtle. Their energy is SO uplifting!
I hope this encourages you to love mediumship as much as I do. That said, here are my top two tips to get comfortable with Spirit communication…
Tips for Spirit Communication
1. Ask your Spirit Guides to “tune it down”
If anything EVER feels like too much, ask your Spirit Guides for help. That’s why they’re here and honestly… they live for this stuff, just like my grandma lives for taking care of us “kids” when we get sick.
So, simply tell your Guides that what you sense/see/hear is a little too strong and ask them to tone it down. Super easy, right?
Pro Tip: Visualize taking a remote control and lowering the volume (i.e., turning down the sensation, image, etc.)
2. Remember that you’re in control of your abilities
The worst gift I ever got from my husband was an oven mitt. Yes, I said, “mitt,” as in, just ONE. My kids still shudder when they remember Christmas of ’08 when dad gave mom the oven mitt…
But since ’08, I have taught my husband that oven mitts are a horrible gift to give a wife.
With love and patience, I’ve showed him what kinds of things I like to receive as gifts. (Nothing fancy — I’m happy with pizza and a movie.)
The point is, you need to tell your Spirit Guides how YOU would like to receive information from Spirit. If you would like Spirit to communicate with you in a different way, let your Guides know. Believe me, they are happy to help!
Next, you gotta read: How to Ask Your Spirit Guides for Help