I know I keep telling you guys that psychic development doesn’t need to be hard or complicated. (Can I get a “Yay?”)
In the last few years, I’ve incorporated an easy, yet WONDERFUL practice into the intuitive, Akashic Record, and mediumship readings I give. I’m going to share this tip with you and it’s going knock your socks off. :)
I start all my sessions by asking one simple question. Well, it seems like a simple question, but it’s actually a powerhouse question that helps me better serve my clients, and makes me a WAY better reader!
Whether you’re a newbie psychic or medium or a seasoned intuitive reader, it’ll help you, too. I pinky swear :)
Take a deep breath and soak in these next 10 words:
What would you like to get out of this reading?
Such a simple question, yet so powerful. When you ask it, be gentle and speak with love.
Many times, your client won’t know exactly how to answer the question. That’s OK. You’re here to help. Give them some examples. Go deep. You really want to help them connect with their authentic self here.
- Are you trying to gain clarity?
- Would you like Divine guidance with a decision you are trying to make?
- Do you want to gain deeper insight into a situation and understand why it is happening?
- Are you wanting to let go of anger and allow more love in your heart?
- Are you trying to figure out what would make you truly joyful in life?
In a mediumship reading, you’ll find that most clients want to:
- Know that their loved one has crossed over and is happy (I’ve never met a Spirit who wasn’t happy after they crossed)
- Know that their loved one is still with them
- Reconnect with their loved one and hear any messages they may have
- Find out circumstances surrounding their loved ones passing if it was sudden or unexpected (you’ll find this happens sometimes if their was an accident or a suicide, etc.)
How this helps you be of service
If you’re reading this blog, I KNOW you’re not pursuing this psychic mediumship gig just to show off at parties. No, you have a really strong desire to help people and you totally rock because you have a huge heart!
When you ask your client what they’d like to get out of their reading, you are helping them reach into their heart-space and connect with why they are REALLY having a reading.
Some people haven’t connected with their heart in a super long time (or ever!), so just asking them this question can be insightful.
For many people, it also helps them feel safe with you and helps them relax.
How this helps you as the reader
If you’re a new intuitive or medium, starting your readings in this way can help you feel super confident.
It’s kind of like, OK, I have a road map here. I’ll always let the Divine lead me, but I have a place to start.
And when you and your client both feel safe and comfortable, magic and joy happen.