If you’ve been working with Spirit or your intuition for any bit of time, you’ve probably figured out that receiving psychic information can be like playing a game of charades.
- Hello, Spirit, why are you showing me purple socks?
- I see a red rose – but it’s not even Valentine’s Day? Eek!
Sometimes, I used to get so confused that I wished I could call up Spirit on the phone and say, What’s up with this?
But of course, I couldn’t. Long distance hasn’t figured out how to cross dimensions yet :)
And when you’re working with a client and can’t make heads or tails of the images, sounds, or feelings you’re getting, – yikes, it can make you want to crawl under the table and hide and never give another reading – EVER!
I know because it happened to me a LOT of times when I first started out. It’s a yucky feeling and makes you feel doubt about your intuitive gifts.
The thing is:
Intuitive information and messages from Spirit often come in the form of symbols. You’ve just got to learn how to work with them. It’s like learning a secret language between you and your Spirit Guides!
Even better? It’s easy! Here’s what to do:
- Get yourself a journal – preferably one that you really LOVE that calls to you. You don’t have to spend a lot of money. I’ve seen some pretty cool ones at the $1 store.
- Now get yourself some snazzy pens, or whatever you like to write with.
- Set aside 20 minutes to meditate. If you’ve never meditated before, it’s really easy, and this post will help you.
- Next, invite your Spirit Guides in (they are the ones that will be helping you). In your mind, simply imagine inviting your Spiritual Guides into your life. Then, trust. Your Guides are pure love — and they live for helping, so no worries! :)
- Relax, and allow any images to come to your mind. If you aren’t sure what the images mean, ask your Guides and trust what you feel. For example, let’s say you saw a yellow flower in your mind’s eye, but didn’t know why. Ask your Guides what the SYMBOLIC meaning of the flower is. The neat thing is that what “yellow flower” means to you is different from what “yellow flower” symbolizes to me, and you can’t be wrong. Yipee!
Tips for this psychic development exercise:
Be open. Don’t worry about what you THINK you should be seeing, or HOW you should be seeing it… instead, go with the flow and allow yourself to trust.
For example, a flower could mean:
- The person you are reading is feeling happy
- The person you are reading for has a sweet, joyful personality.
- In a mediumship reading, it could be a symbol for a specific loved one in heaven, such as a mom. Or it could mean that the Spirit you are connecting with had a sweet, loving personality.
The possibilities are endless, but don’t let that overwhelm you. The beauty of working with symbols and establishing that communication with your Spirit Guides is that YOU can choose the symbols you want to be shown. Yep! :)
Let’s pretend you want to set a symbol for wedding. This way, whenever Spirit is talking about a wedding, or a client is getting married or going to a wedding, you’ll understand. You might ask your Guides to:
- Show you a white flower when someone is getting married.
- Show you a white dove.
- Show you a bridal gown.
- Play the sound of wedding bells via your clairaudience.
There are a gazillion ways to work with symbols. It’s totally worth investing the time practicing with your Guides and creating your very own symbol book!
Next Read: 4 Steps to More Control Over Your Mediumship