Developing clairsentience doesn’t have to be a super tough or time intensive process. Au contraire! Get started today with these fun and simple ways to develop your abilities.
Oh, and one of these psychic development tips even gives you a chance to party. And who can complain with those results? ;)
What is Clairsentience?
Clairsentience is one of the 4 main psychic abilities. It means you receive intuitive information through sensing and feeling. You may also feel the emotions or physical senses of others, which means you’re an empath. (For more info, read my beginner’s post that’s jam-packed with everything you need to know about clairsentience.)
In a nutshell… Clairsentients can sense things about people, places, and things.
Pro tip! If friends say you’re “too sensitive,” then read these signs that you’re an empath. Being an empath is part of your clairsentient gift. But don’t worry. With a little guidance, you can learn to manage your empathic ability. You’re doing great!
If you’re a clairsentient psychic you might:
- Sense your BFF’s excitement before she says a word.
- Warn your sister that her date has “less than noble” intentions.
- Call your grandma — just when she realized she needs a favor.
- Get a great feeling from your new boss when she walks in.
- Avoid the 5 o’clock news because you feel the emotions of people in bad situations.
So, if your friends describe you as having “spidey” senses or being “too emotional” (Ugh! You can’t forget about that heart wrenching scene from The Pursuit of Happyness), you may be a clairsentient psychic!
Pro Tip: for the full list of signs that you’re a clairsentient psychic, read this post.
Now that you know exactly what this gift is, are you ready to start developing clairsentience? Great, because these tips will develop and boost your clairsentient confidence right away! Yay!
2 Ways of Developing Clairsentience
I love sharing these tips because they are easy, yet super powerful! Best yet? You can start using them right away… yep, like right now!
1. Get social and sense energy
The next time you go to a party or a family gathering, try sensing the energy in the room.
When you first walk in, ask yourself:
- What does the energy feel like?
- Is it light, heavy, happy, etc.?
As the guests arrive, check in with the energy again:
- What does the energy feel like now?
- Is the energy still light? Or is it heavier?
- Can you sense heaviness or drama when a certain couple walks in?
As the evening goes on, check in and take notice of how the energy feels and changes. Try this psychic development exercise at work, too!
Pro Tip! Make sure you get to the party on time (my constant struggle!) This way, you can sense the energy before and after everyone arrives. And if the energy ever feels like too much, read these 7 ways to calm clairsentient anxiety.
2. Say “I feel,” not “I think”
Words are so powerful. What you say matters — especially when you’re developing your clairsentience.
You see, because clairsentience can be subtle, it’s easy to dismiss these intuitive nudges at first.
Trust your psychic gift and say “I feel” (not, “I think”) when you have a feeling about something.
For example, “I feel like something is up with those two,” or “I feel like I’m going to get that job!”
Are you having an aha moment right now? I know, it’s an easy concept, but so helpful!
Here are a couple more examples:
- Instead of saying “I think my new coworker is nice,” say, “I have a great feeling about my new coworker.”
- Or, “I have a feeling we should avoid that guy,” instead of, “I think that guy is up to no good.”
This simple shift in language does two things:
- It validates your ability (because yes, you really are psychic — it’s not all in your head)
- It also strengthens your clairsentient ability, and helps you trust it
That’s it! Fun and super simple, right?
And if you want to keep the good energy rolling, read these 6 Ways to Develop Clairsentience or try this psychometry exercise. (I teach these to all my students and they work SO well!) You’ll also love this Clairsentient Cheat Sheet with tips!
Developing Clairsentience Takeaways
Being clairsentient means you get psychic senses and feelings about things. If you feel the emotions of others, you’re also an empath. Don’t worry, though. You can learn to manage your gifts with just a little guidance.
In the meantime, start developing those psychic muscles by sensing energy when you’re out and about… and using validating words like “I feel” when you sense something. Armed with these tips, you can develop your clairsentient gift, and start living the intuitive life you’re meant to live!
And before you go, be sure to grab my free guide and audio, 7 Real World Steps to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts. It’s a game changer!