Clairvoyant exercises and tips. Popping your third eye open and developing clairvoyance doesn’t have to be easier said than done. In fact, since this is one of my most requested topics, I put together this mega “cheat sheet” to get your intuitive ball rolling (yes, I was that kid in class with a notebook full of study guides, why do you ask?)
I recommend products in this post that I love. If you purchase a product through one of my links, I will earn a small commission (which I’ll totally blow on a caramel latte) Thank you! :)
Clairvoyant Exercises and Cheat Sheet
So without further ado, here’s the lowdown (i.e., a big, fun list) on all the clairvoyant exercises and tips that I teach my students:
1. Visualization exercise. Visualization exercises will help strengthen and fine tune your third eye muscles. You can do this exercise with almost anything, but I LOVE using flowers (they’re pretty and if you use real ones, they smell good!) Simply place a flower in front of you and study it for a little while. Now, close your eyes and imagine the flower in as much detail as you can. Let the color, shape, size, etc. flood your mind. Practicing this clairvoyant exercise will help you become a stronger and more accurate psychic. Woo-hoo!
- Need help? Here’s a post that explains how to start visualizing in detail.
2. Day dream. Head back to your childhood days and let your logical mind check out for awhile! Relax, close your eyes, and focus on your third eye area (the area in between your eyebrows). Then, ask your Spirit Guides to show you beautiful, peaceful images. Don’t try to control what you see, or think too much about what they’re showing you. Just let your mind wander and allow your Guides to connect with you through your clairvoyance.
3. Chat up your Spirit Guides. Obviously it’s easier to ask your Spirit Guides to show you some beautiful images if you’re on a talking basis. :) If you haven’t chatted with your Guides yet, don’t worry. It’s much easier than you think. In fact, this is the one of the most effortless (yet powerful!) clairvoyant exercises you’ll ever learn.
All you need to do is simply start checking in with your Spirit Guides throughout the day. If you need help making a decision or intuitive guidance, check in with your spiritual BFF’s! (Don’t worry, they can totally hear you.) Take notice of any intuitive nudges you feel or images that come to mind through your clairvoyance.
- Tip: For help getting a dialogue started with your Guides, and how to learn their names, read this post.
4. Set an intention. Those Spirit Guides you’re now getting acquainted with will help you through all of your clairvoyant exercises. Super comforting, right? :) Your intuitive gifts, including clairvoyance (and clairaudience, clairsentience, and claircognizance) are how your Guides communicate with you, and they’ve got lots to let you in on. So if you’re feeling stuck, or aren’t sure what to do first, don’t be shy about asking them for help. All you need to do is set the intention that you want Divine guidance from your Spirit Guides in your life and voila! Once you’ve set the intention, be on the lookout for signs, they’ll be everywhere!
5. Practice seeing auras. It’s true… ANYONE can learn to see an aura (the energy around living things!) So it goes without saying that this is a great clairvoyance exercise! To get started seeing auras, have a friend stand in front of a plain colored wall. Step back about eight feet (you don’t need to break out a tape measure, just stand far enough back that you can see her cute shoes and head without looking up or down.) Then, focus on your friend’s forehead (the third eye area). Imagine you are looking through her, at the wall behind. You will start to notice the aura layer around the head. That’s it! Easy peasy!
6. Add meditation to your daily routine. Mediation is one of the most important clairvoyant exercises you’ll practice. It’s also super cool because it provides a link from YOU to your Higher Self (your “spiritual” self — who knows all the juicy details about why you’re here!) Plus, it grounds you and raises your energetic vibe, which allows you to access all the psychic goodness in the universe!
- Not sure how to meditate? Don’t stress! Here’s what to do (I promise, it’s easy).
7. Don’t forget to journal. Once you connect with your Higher Self and Spiritual team, I can just about promise that you’ll have a few things you want to jot down. I’ve said before that journaling is the peanut butter to meditation’s chocolate, and I’m not wavering on my stance. Plus, it helps get you in touch with your Higher Self and Spirit Guides.
- If you’re wondering what to say once your pen meets paper, try these journaling prompts.
8. Practice giving readings often. Here’s the thing… you can read about psychic development and intuitive readings all day long, but at some point you have to actually get out there and give some readings. Yes, it’s a little scary at first, but giving readings to family members, friends, and friends of friends is one of the best clairvoyant exercises you can do. Just be sure to get their permission first. :)
9. Get yourself a fluorite crystal. Fluorite crystal does double-duty by activating your third eye and providing you with psychic protection at the same time. (Plus, it’s gorgeous!) To get all the benefits of fluorite, meditate with it nearby, wear it as jewelry, or sleep with it near your pillow. For a list of 14 of the most fab crystals to develop clairvoyance, check out this post.
- Tip: I get my fluorite here* because it’s awesome quality and has a super high vibe!
10. Use rosemary essential oil on your third eye chakra. I’m a big believer in using the natural power of essential oils for just about everything, including psychic development. For opening clairvoyance, take a small drop of rosemary essential oil and carefully rub it on your third eye chakra (the area between your eyebrows). Be super careful not to get any in your eyes, okay? Now, set the intention that you want to develop clairvoyance and you’re good to go!
Tip: Meditate with some rosemary essential oil running in your diffuser (or on your third eye) for a powerful clairvoyant meditation!
11. Eat high-vibrational foods. It’s true, the food you eat affects your vibration! But don’t worry, that doesn’t mean you have to start pretending to like leafy greens or beets. However, adding high vibration foods to your diet, such as fresh fruits and even dark, organic chocolate (yes, really!) does help raise your energetic vibe and strengthen your aura. Plus, it helps you feel better physically which will make it way easier to develop your psychic abilities.
Want to know more about psychic dieting? Look no further:
10. Practice telepathy. This is so much fun, and it develops mental telepathy and psychic sight! In your mind, hold the image of a friend. See her freckles, smile, and messy bun. Then, imagine energetically asking her to contact you!
11. Activate your third eye. Your third eye (where you receive and see clairvoyant visions) is like a muscle — the more you use it, the stronger it becomes. Activating or “waking up” your psychic eye is super easy. Place your index finger on your third eye. Gently tap the area a few times and imagine it opening. Tip: It’s normal to feel a tingly sensation between your eyebrows during this exercise. It just means that your clairvoyance is opening up!
12. Join a spiritual development circle or take a class. This tip was critical for me when I first started developing my psychic abilities. In fact, during one the classes I got validation about my Spirit Guides that changed EVERYTHING. Learning from a trusted mentor will give you a safe, loving environment in which to develop your psychic abilities and mediumship.
- Fun tip: My Beginner’s Guide to Clairaudience makes it super easy to learn from me. :)
13. Meditate with a crystal on your third eye. It doesn’t get any easier than this! Get a pillow and lay comfortably. Place any of the following crystals on your third eye while you meditate or envision your clairvoyance strengthening:
- Tiger’s Eye
14. Zener cards. Using a pack of Zener cards (like the ones they used in Ghost Busters with the circles, stars, and wavy lines), practice sending telepathic images to and from a friend. It’s super fun! Here’s a blog post on how to do a clairvoyant exercise with Zener cards.
15. Keep a dream journal. Clairvoyant images and messages can often come through in our dreams. For this reason, keeping a dream journal and pen near your bed can be super handy. After a while, you might to notice that you are seeing patterns or symbols in your dreams!
16. Get to know other psychics and mediums. Being a psychic or medium is a unique path. There’s a certain set of challenges and obstacles that face us that the rest of the world simply won’t get. That makes it really nice to have the support of others who are just like you! Plus, they can let you in on their tips and serve as great practice partners.
17. Learn to turn your gifts “on”. Once you start to developing clairvoyance, you’ll want to learn how to control it. This way you’re not “on” all the time and receiving intuitive images all day long. So, prior to using any of the clairvoyant exercises in this post, imagine lighting a candle in your mind. Then, invite your Spirit Guides and Angels in, and get the feeling of turning your gifts on. The candle visualization lets your spiritual helpers know that you are ready to receive intuitive and Spirit communication.
18. Learn to turn your gifts “off”. Obviously the next tip is to learn to turn your clairvoyancy OFF when you are done practicing. So once you’ve wrapped up, imagine blowing out the candle in your mind. Then, be sure to thank your spiritual helpers for their Divine support. This will help you control your gifts when you’re not working with Spirit or giving a reading.
19. Release expectations. Take the pressure off of yourself and forget everything you’ve ever seen about psychic abilities in the movies. (Whew, right?!) Instead, be open to the way in which clairvoyance comes to you. It might be a vision that plays out like a movie in your mind, a still image, something symbolic, or something totally unique to you!
20. Focus on your third eye. Even though this is the last of the clairvoyant exercises, it’s one of the most important! Your third eye is where your clairvoyance will stem from. As your psychic abilities increase, remember to allow and trust the intuitive images and visions that come to your mind. Do meditations that activate your abilities, place crystals on your third eye, and even give it some taps. :) Finally, use the tips on this page and your clairvoyance will open up super easily!
The clairvoyant exercises and tips in this post will help you develop psychic vision with confidence. Yay!
Your first clairvoyance priorities are to connect with your Spirit Guides, raise your energetic vibration (which happens naturally during meditation and journaling), and focusing on opening your third eye! Also, once you’ve started to develop your abilities, be sure to learn how to turn them “on” and “off”. Lastly, don’t forget to scope out a psychic development class (online or off) so that you can practice your abilities and connect with others like you!
For more intuitive goodness, you can sign up for weekly psychic development tips and a free copy of my eBook now. Woo-hoo!
*I recommend products in this post that I love. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I will earn a small commission (which I’ll totally blow on a caramel latte) Thank you! :)