If you’re new to clairvoyance (psychic seeing), you’re in the right spot. Clairvoyance for beginners is easy with these tips and exercises.
Some of these exercises are so easy that you can do them now, before you finish reading this post. In no time, you’ll be on your way to developing your psychic abilities. Let’s get started!
Clairvoyance for Beginners
These tips will open your third eye so you can start receiving visual psychic impressions.
Before we jump into the first exercise, let’s go over some beginner psychic terms:
Your Third Eye
Your third eye (a.k.a., psychic eye) is located between your eyebrows. This energy center allows you to see things in your mind’s eye. For example, have you ever felt like you were watching a movie in your head? That was you, seeing in your mind’s eye. Easy, right?
Your mind’s eye is where you’ll see intuitive visions, images, symbols, and colors as your clairvoyance develops.
Your third eye is also a chakra. Chakras are energy centers that help balance and regulate different parts of your body.
For example, we have a root chakra that controls our sex, hunger, and survival drive. We also have a crown chakra that connects us with our Higher Self and intuition. There are seven main chakras, and the third eye is your 6th one.
The cool thing about chakras is that they are all powerful and work together. But, as a clairvoyant beginner, your third eye chakra is the one you want to focus on... An open and balanced third eye chakra is super important in developing clairvoyance.
Your third eye will help you:
- Sense higher energies (spirits, angels, etc.)
- See auras
- Connect with your Spirit Guides
- See psychic visions, and images
- Develop clairvoyance
Okay, now that we have the basics covered, here are eight exercises to open, strengthen, and develop your clairvoyance.
Clairvoyance for Beginners: Very Easy Exercises
1. Ask your Spirit Guides
This is going to sound so simple — because it is! (It’s also one of the most fun clairvoyant beginner tips you’ll ever learn!)
If you are having trouble connecting to your third eye, or are doubting your clairvoyance, ask your Spirit Guides for help. They want to help you develop clairvoyance, and always work for your highest good.
- You’ll love to read: Are Spirit Guides Ever Wrong?
2. Breathe Deeply
Another quick tip to get your third eye nice and open is to breathe deeply. I know, it sounds so simple!
But most of us only use 1/3 of our lungs when we breathe. Shallow breathing creates stress in the body and doesn’t allow it to oxygenate the way it needs to.
Breathing deeply from the belly, though, opens and maintains healthy chakras — including your third eye chakra. Plus, learning to breathe properly will help when you meditate.
Here’s another simple beginner clairvoyance tip for you…
3. Touch Your Third Eye
Clairvoyance for beginners doesn’t get any easier than this! (If you’re having trouble connecting with your third eye, don’t leave without trying this tip.)
Your third eye is like a muscle that needs to exercise to stay open and balanced. So, set your intention to open your third eye, then take your finger and place it between your eyebrows.
Next, you can:
- Hold your finger on your third eye and imagine it activating
- Imagine your psychic eye opening while moving your finger in a circular motion
- Tap the area and imagine “activating” it. (This is my favorite method.)
Each of these methods works equally as well. It’s just a matter of personal preference.
Tip: If you start to feel tingling in the area, don’t worry. It’s normal, and means your third eye is opening. Yay!
4. Diffuse Essential Oils
If you’re looking for an easy way to wake up your third eye, look no further! This simple tip will have you visualizing like a pro in no time.
All you need to do is introduce some essential oils into your life. Essential oils are everywhere these days, and for good reason… These powerful oils can help us tune into our Higher Self and open our psychic abilities.
So, while you’re going about your day, add a few drops of myrrh, sandalwood, or chamomile to your essential oil diffuser. Or, combine them for a fabulous custom blend!
Don’t have a diffuser? No problem!
Place a tiny drop of your oil of choice on your third eye. Just be super careful not to get any into your eyes!
Clairvoyance for Beginners: Easy Exercises
5. Use Crystals
Clairvoyance relies on your third eye chakra being open. One of my favorite ways to keep an open and balanced third eye is to use crystals. Not only are they beautiful, their energetic properties are SO powerful.
Plus, you can use crystals in lots of ways to support your clairvoyance:
- Sleep with an amethyst near your pillow to encourage psychic dreams.
- Place a crystal on your third eye as you meditate for increased clarity.
- Keep a black tourmaline in your pocket when you’re out to ward off negative energy.
- Place a crystal grid under your bed for deeper sleep and overall intuitive development.
Choosing a Crystal
You can use any crystal that calls out to you, but some of my favorites are:
- Amethyst (that gorgeous purple one you’ve seen jewelry made from)
If you’re not sure which one to pick, head to a local shop and wander around — you will feel drawn to one or more.
No clairvoyance for beginners list would be complete without visualization!
Visualization is the holy grail of clairvoyant development, and fun with this exercise:
- First, set the intention of opening your third eye chakra, and improving your clairvoyant ability.
- Now, imagine you’re at a concert with your best friends. Picture Jason Aldean shakin’ his booty on stage, the sun setting in the sky, and your boots stomping to the beat on the grass.
- Try to visualize the scene for 2 – 5 minutes.
Tip: you can also switch the scenes around as you get better at visualization. This way, you’ll always have fun while strengthening your psychic gift.
Clairvoyance for Beginners: Advanced Exercises
7. Use Zener Cards
This fun tip gives you a chance to get your BFF in on the psychic development action. The goal is to telepathically send the image from the card to your friend. It’s like mental texting!
Zener Card Exercise:
- First, grab a pack of Zener cards and call your friend. (Zener cards are those with the square, circle, star, and wavy lines on them.)
- Next, select a card and look at it. Then, close your eyes and imagine the shape in your mind.
- Now, imagine psychically sending the image to your friend’s mind. If you’d like, imagine there are waves of energy sending the image.
- Then, ask your friend what image they received.
When you are done, switch off. This time, you receive the images that your friend sends.
- First, take some deep breaths, and focus on your third eye area.
- Now, allow yourself to receive whatever image comes to mind. Don’t second-guess yourself. Relax and let the image of a circle, square, square, plus sign, or wavy lines to form in your mind.
- Let yourself go with the flow during the exercise. This is not the time to wonder if you’re really clairvoyant (you are!)
Tip: don’t worry if you dissolve into laughter the first few times trying this. It’s all part of the fun. Plus, laughing helps raise your vibe and makes you more intuitive!
8. Use Your Imagination
Did you know that using your imagine can strengthen psychic visions? Yep!
- To start, imagine a yummy basket of blueberries.
- Hold the image in your mind, and picture their different shades of blue.
- Next, imagine sitting on a red and white blanket while eating the blueberries.
- Once you’ve done that, picture cooking the berries and pouring them into a pie crust.
During each step, hold the image in your mind with as much detail as you can. This will help build your clairvoyant muscles and expand your psychic seeing!
That’s all I have for you now, friends. I know that these clairvoyance for beginners tips will help you so much!