Clairsentient exercises. You know that one lifesaver friend in school who would always make a study guide “cheat sheet” with ALL the things you needed for exams… right before finals?
Well, that friend was me – LOL… So, consider me your Clairsentient Exercises and Tips 101 BFF. :)
Here’s a quick “cheat sheet” (it’s a big, fun list) of all the clairsentient exercises and tips that I teach my students:
1. Chit-chat with your Spirit Guides. This is the one of the most effortless clairsentient exercises you’ll ever get! Talking to your Spirit Guides throughout the day allows you to incorporate your psychic journey with everyday life. If you’re not sure of your Spirit Guide’s name, just pick a name you like (honestly, they won’t be offended). It will make all of your chats more fun – I promise!
- Read about how I taught someone to work with her Guide, Esmeralda, in this post: I Want to Develop Psychic Ability, but I Feel Stuck!
- And here are some foolproof ways to connect with your Spirit Guides.
2. Pray in the shower. If this list has you wondering which of the clairsentient exercises to try first, look no further! Instead of running down your grocery list, use shower time to develop your intuitive senses. Praying while using water is a spiritual, cleansing, and relaxing daily practice. You can also use this time to talk to your Spirit Guides or think about all of the things you are grateful for. This tactic can raise your vibration, which naturally and effortlessly tunes you into your psychic abilities!
3. Simply ask for it. Yep, it’s that simple. Your spirit team wants to help you develop your clairsentience. So don’t be shy about asking for help. Plus, asking your spiritual helpers (guides, angels) for a message helps develop two-way communication with them gives you practice receiving intuitive messages. Don’t forget to be on the lookout for guidance and signs after you ask, they’ll be everywhere!
4. Use rose or lavender essential oil on your heart chakra. You know I’m an essential oil fan, and that doesn’t stop at psychic development tips! The next time you’re on the go, mix 1 part rose oil into 4 parts unscented organic lotion (or a carrier oil of your choice). Then, rub it on your heart chakra area and set your intention to open your clairsentience. Plus, rose smells amazing!
5. Use rose or lavender essential oil on your solar plexus chakra. Use the same recipe above, but instead of using the oil on your heart chakra, rub it over your solar plexus (the area around your navel). As you’re doing this, don’t forget to set your intention of developing your clairsentience.
Opening the solar plexus chakra is wonderful for strengthening clairsentience, since this is where your gut feelings come from (like how you knew you shouldn’t have trusted that insurance salesman).
- Here are the best essential oils for psychic development.
6. Meditate daily (for at least 10 – 15 minutes). I know, I harp on meditation a lot. But the truth is, your clairsentience will skyrocket once you consistently get down on your floor pillow and get your “Om” on.
Meditation will allow you to be in a relaxed state, which raises your energetic vibe. You’ll begin to feel more connected to your Higher Self, Spirit, and the energy of others. (If you’re feeling stuck, try a guided meditation!)
Raising your vibration is super important when you want to develop your psychic abilities. This is because Spirit energy vibrates at a much higher frequency than our energy (our bodies are dense and therefore, vibrate at a slower energetic frequency). So if you want to tune into higher, spiritual frequencies, you gotta get your vibe up.
- Not sure how to meditate? Don’t stress! Here’s what to do (I promise, it’s easy).
- And if you’re like, OMG, I can’t focus long enough to meditate, I’ve got you covered. Here are meditation alternatives for ya.
7. Play high vibe music while you clean. The next time you’re dreading breaking out the steam mop, pop on your fav Fleetwood Mac tune! Your jam actually raises your vibration, which makes it way easier for the universe to give you other high vibrating things (like your psychic development).
8. Tune-in to your pet. This is one of the most fun clairsentient exercises ever! When your pet is calm, join them on the couch and try intuitively picking up on how they feel. Try to sense their energy and FEEL how they feel. This will help develop your psychic senses and give you some bonding time with your fur baby.
9. Journal it out. Journaling is the peanut butter to meditation’s chocolate. It helps get you in touch with your Higher Self (soul) and spirit guides (the ones who help you develop your clairsentience) If you’re wondering what to write about, try this: Think of a situation you need guidance on and journal about it. Get into all the nitty-gritty details. While you write, allow yourself to relax and let yourself be Divinely guided!
10. Eat high-vibrational foods. No, this doesn’t have to include kale! But adding high vibration foods to your diet, such as fresh fruits and veggies does help your body feel good. Plus, it helps you feel better physically which will make it way easier to develop your psychic abilities.
Want to know more about how a psychic diet can help? Check out these out:
11. “Read” an old photo. Want powerful clairsentient exercises that work super well? Well, look no further! Ask a friend to show you a picture of someone they know very well, but you’ve never met (like their favorite aunt Susan). Once they dig up a photo, focus on the person’s eyes. Try to sense how they were feeling when the picture was taken. Were they happy? Sad? Anxious? Think about if you would trust that person or tell your friend to trust that person. When you’re done, ask your friend for feedback about the person in the photo.
12. Do psychometry. Fun fact: your favorite fluffy blanket, treasured family ring, and well loved childhood doll have all absorbed some of your energy! Our energy transfers to the things we own (and love). In fact, the more we use/wear/treasure the object, the more energy is there.
To practice this exercise, invite your friend over again and ask them to bring a personal item. It can be something that was handed down through their family, or a cute purse they picked up at Goodwill yesterday. Hold the object for a few minutes, and sense what kind of energy it’s giving off. Is it positive or negative? Allow yourself to feel the energy of the person who owns or owned the object.
Tip: You can also do this practice on your own by visiting a thrift shop. Pick up a few items that you sense have a strong energy, and try to imagine their previous owners. Here are the full details on How to do Psychometry (psychic readings via touch).
13. Invest in a Fluorite crystal. Not only ultra-gorgeous, fluorite can help protect your energy from those psychic vampires in your life (someone who feels like they suck your energy and totally exhausts you). Those with clairsentience are susceptible to Negative Nancys because of their ability to feel so much.
So if you want to practice your clairsentience without being a sponge for negative energy, try wearing some fluorite jewelry or keeping some fluorite in your pocket (I do this while I sage my home)! Fluorite is well known for its ability to offer energetic protection and sanctuary from negative and stale energies.
BTW, Fluorite is also said to:
- Open your intuition
- Balance ALL of your chakras
14. Get cozy with a crystal near your pillow. This tip helps develop clairsentience and can help ward off negative vibes! These are some crystals I recommend for clairsentient and psychic development (including fluorite!).
15. Take advantage of essential oils. Get your clairsentient juices flowing first thing by plugging your diffuser when you wake up! That way even while you’re packing lunches and tossing a second load of laundry in the dryer, you’re breathing in all that essential oil goodness! Here are 11 essential oils to boost psychic ability.
16. Trust the process. I’m here to tell ya from first hand experience… some days you will feel like you’re on top of the clairsentient-moon… and other days you’ll feel like your gifts suck. On those days, take a break from your clairsentient exercises! Take a bubble bath or sip some herbal tea while you read or watch TV. Stepping back when you feel less-than-excited about your gifts will help keep the journey fresh and fun – which will keep you confident in opening your psychic abilities. Don’t force it. It really is a journey. :)
- Here are 10 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I Started Developing Mediumship (this is good stuff for psychics, tarot readers, and mediums!)
17. Recognize (and embrace) your abilities. This may seem obvious, but you’d be shocked at how often it’s overlooked! So here’s the deal: The next time that you feel like you’re having a clairsentient moment (an intuitive feeling or sense about a person, place, object, animal, situation, or spirit – whew!) – go with it! Call your aunt Jane and see what’s going on, veto your daughter’s sleepover plans, and pass on that sushi menu. Learning to recognize AND ACT ON an intuitive message is one of THE best clairsentience exercises that you can do!
18. Play hide and seek. Go back to your elementary school days and hunt down items with a lot of energy on them (keys, lipstick, anything you use often). Have your kids or a friend hide your item while you are outside. Then, when you come back in, SENSE where the object is. Ask yourself questions like:
- Is my lipstick (or whatever the object is) high or low?
- Do I feel like it’s hidden under something? Or placed on top of something?
- Does it feel like my lipstick is in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc?
19. Play the color game – feel a color. I love all of the tips on this list, but I admit, this is my favorite of all of the clairsentient exercises that I teach. Why? Because you can get results right away! Seriously, you’ll be developing your clairsentience every time you do this!
- All you need to do is think about your favorite color.
- Or, if you need some color inspiration, grab some colored pencils or flowers.
- Now, focus on your color (or the color of the pencil/flower).
- Look at the color, then take a breath and allow yourself to FEEL.
- What emotion does this color evoke in you? Joy? Love? Excited? Gratitude? You get the idea! :)
- That, friend, is how you feel a color! I know… super fun!
Well, there you have it! That’s the round up of all the clairsentient exercises and tips you need to get started and continue developing your psychic sensing.
One Final Psychic Development Tip
I know there’s a lot of info here. Don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed. To get started, I suggest you pick ONE thing from this list and try it for a few days. Don’t stress – just pick whatever seems like the most fun for you!
And if you want to switch it up and try something new the next day, go for it! Like I always say, psychic development should always be fun! It will raise your vibe and make you a much more enlightened and confident intuitive!
For more clairsentience goodness:
- Clairsentience Psychic Beginner’s Guide (seriously, everything you need to know)