Those with clairsentience sniff out the energy of a person or place as quickly as leftover tuna salad.
They have gut feelings so accurate that their friends use them as a first date screener!
They pass by people on the street and know whom they should and shouldn’t trust. And they always know when they’re being lied to (yes, parents, that’s as convenient as you may think!).
Clairsentience (meaning“clear feeling” or “inner feeling”), just like any other psychic ability, can be developed, fine tuned, and increased.
If you find yourself picking up on the emotions of others, or sensing the energy around people and places, you’re in the right spot!
BTW, if you’re not sure if clairsentience is one of your psychic gifts, check out this post: Are You Clairsentient? 12 Unmistakable Signs
6 Ways to Increase Clairsentience
1. Focus on your environment
Clairsentient people are HIGHLY impacted by their surroundings — they will TOTALLY notice if you move their table over an inch or mess with their flower arrangement.
Any veteran clairsentient will tell you that you can’t just plop down on a laundry-filled couch and work on developing your psychic abilities.
Yikes! I get anxiety just thinking about it!
So, before you work on developing clairsentience, focus on what’s around you…
Is your space cluttered? Can you sense the dirty dishes, even though you’re upstairs? Wait! Don’t stop reading!
I’m not going to tell you to go downstairs and tackle all those chores right now (that’s what Merry Maids is for, right?!).
But I will tell you to start by creating ONE one space that’s clean, fresh, and psychic development ready.
Clairsentient space clearing tips:
- Carve out a space. It can be just a corner of a room. Or a whole room that’s all yours. Fill you space with fluffy chair cushions, a cozy blanket, vision boards, journals, crystals, posters of Bradley Cooper, and anything else that makes you feel happy!
- Go green. My clairsentience makes me super sensitive to my surroundings. I’ve noticed that going green (using things like Mrs. Meyers cleaning products – the lemon scented one OMG – wool dryer balls with essential oils, etc.) helps a lot. Plus, it makes me feel more connected to nature which makes me feel more grounded.
- Use sage. Clearing your space with sage is especially great for us clairsentients! After you set up your sacred space, take a few moments, set an intention that the space be filled with love and light and sage smudge the area or room.
Believe me, as a clairsentient and empath, these tips make a HUGE difference!
NOW you’ll have a nice clear space to comfortably meditate and practice psychic development exercises that will increase your clairsentience. Yay!
2. Borrow a friend’s friend
… or family member.
I know that sounds a little weird, but this is SO much fun! Here’s what to do:
- Ask a friend to show you a picture of someone they know very well, but you’ve never met or heard much about.
- Once they show you the picture, focus on the person’s eyes, and feel how they were feeling when the picture was taken. Were they happy? Sad? Anxious? Would you trust this person?
- When you’re done, ask your friend for feedback! Did you sense that the person was happy, only to find out that the picture was taken right after their NFL team won the Superbowl? Or did you sense they were trustworthy to find out that they helped your friend through a really difficult time?
Repeat this exercise as many times as you want (plus learn more about the people in your friend’s life!).
3. Sense the energy from a personal object
Did you know that your favorite sweater, treasured family locket, and well loved childhood stuffed animal have ALL absorbed some of your energy? Yep!
Our energy transfers to the things we own — and the more we use/wear/treasure the object, the more energy there is.
One of the most fabulous ways to develop clairsentience is do practice psychometry.
Psychometry means reading the energy off an an object and here’s how to do it:
- Invite your friend over. Ask them to bring over a family heirloom or piece of jewelry. (Tip: jewelry works great because metal can hold energy like forever!) Make sure the object is from someone that you never met.
- Rub your hands together and take some deep breaths.
- Hold the object for a few minutes. Try to sense what kind of energy it’s giving off. Is it positive or negative?
- Now, sense the energy of the person who owns or owned the object. Are/were they happy? Humorous? Depressed?
Again, check in with your friend and ask for feedback.
If you want to learn more about psychometry, check out this post.
4. Balance your chakras
Balanced and unblocked chakras allow energy to flow smoothly through your body!
Making sure your 7 chakras (root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and crown) are balanced is critical in the psychic development journey.
Balanced chakras allow you to connect with your energy and build your psychic abilities on a healthy foundation.
You’ll feel lighter and raise your vibration, too!
And I’ll be honest. Unbalanced chakras feel like a big, nasty drag. So…
Here are some quick tips for balancing your chakras:
- Do yoga. You don’t have to become a yoga master or anything. Even 10-15 minutes doing some yoga breathing can help.
- Let it goooooooo. Start being intentional about letting things GO! Your emotions, situations you can’t control, and inevitable change.
- Do anything you enjoy. Did you used to draw when you were a kid? Break out that sketch pad! Are bubble baths your thing? Hop in the tub! Or, how about closing your door, putting on your favorite song, and singing your heart out? Reconnect with whatever you used to find enjoyment in… the rest will come. :)
- Use rose or lavender essential oil on your heart chakra. You know I use essential oils for just about EVERYTHING. For developing your clairsentience, mix 1 part rose oil into 4 parts unscented organic lotion (or any carrier oil). Then, rub it on your heart chakra area and meditate for 15 minutes. Voila! The heart connection is PERFECT for opening your clairsentience!
- Use rose or lavender essential oil on your solar plexus chakra. Use the same recipe above, but instead of using the oil on your heart chakra, rub it over your solar plexus (the area around your navel). Then, meditate. Opening up the solar plexus chakra is wonderful for developing clairsentience, since this is where your gut feelings come from.
- Diffuse essential oil. You can also diffuse some lavender or rose essential oil in your sacred space for an extra clairsentience boost!
- Use fluorite crystal on your heart or solar plexus chakra. Fluorite is OMGorgeous! Place it on either the heart or solar plexus chakra during meditation.
Tip: There are lots of essential oils that you can use for developing your psychic abilities. Here’s a full list. You can use any oil you feel drawn to!
5. Make a crystal grid
Certain crystals are awesome for helping to develop your psychic gifts.
I love fluorite and amethyst for opening up all of the psychic abilities, especially clairsentience.
A crystal grid is nothing fancy, so don’t be intimidated. It only takes a few minutes to make one. And honestly, you can’t make a mistake :)
That said, here’s a general “guide” that you can follow and tweak:
- Get yourself 8-12 pretty crystals. (Or however many you want!) You can use all fluorite, all amethyst, or a mix of the two!
- Place one crystal in the center. Arrange the other crystals around it in a circular pattern.
- As you lay out your crystals, set the intention that you can clearly and accurately receive psychic impressions through feeling.
- Next, place the pattern of crystals under your bed, under your meditation space, or on a table.
- Voila, done!
- For a crystal “boost”, rub a little rose or lavender essential oil on your crystals.
- Some people like place their crystals on a piece of paper with a grid pattern on it. If that makes you happy, go for it! But you don’t have to. Just laying out the crystals in a circular (or whatever) pattern is great! Follow the KISS principle: Keep it super simple!
You knew I wasn’t going finish the post without mentioning meditation, right? Meditation allows you to connect with your Higher Self (you know, the part of you that knows why you’re here and what you’re supposed to be doing?)…
But it can also help you become receptive to receiving intuitive messages.
Meditating doesn’t have to be complicated… you can simply close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and then start set your intention (to increase clairsentience and receive messages).
- Start focusing on your psychic abilities. Imagine yourself receiving intuitive messages from Spirit.
- Imagine being wide open to intuitive messages and receiving them at whim. Picture yourself passing by someone and feeling you can trust them, without them saying a world. How cool is that?!
Developing Clairsentience Takeaways
Anyone can develop clairsentience. Start by clearing out a little space for yourself and then trying the different exercises above. If you’re not sure where to start, psychometry (exercise number 3 above) is always great!
You can also practice reading objects from antique stores and garage sales!
It’s also nice to use essential oils during meditation or while practicing the exercises above. Rose essential oil is great for clairsentience. And lavender is a good “go to” oil for developing all the intuitive gifts.