Clairaudient psychic ability. Let’s get back to basics for a second, shall we? If you’ve seen me chat about the clairs (clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentient, claircognizant) you know they’re the four main types of intuitive gifts, and how our Spirit Guides connect with us. Think of it like texting, calling, or sending a picture message to get a point across.
The media and Hollywood have made certain psychic gifts, like clairvoyance (or clear seeing) pretty popular. But clairaudience, while just as awesome, has gotten less love.
And the thing is, there are certain KEY things that you need to know about clairaudience in order to develop it. Without this info, developing your psychic hearing is going to feel like driving a Pinto instead of a Ferrari. :) So…
Get comfy and let’s talk about the 7 things you must know in order to rock your clairaudient psychic ability. Woo-hoo!
1. What IS clairaudience?
First things first, right? Clairaudience (also called clear or psychic hearing) is the ability to receive psychic messages (also known as auditory impressions) through your mind’s ear (inner ear).
Don’t worry, it’s not as weird as it sounds. Take a look at these clairaudient psychic ability examples:
- Someone with clairaudience might have the song “Marry You” by Bruno Mars pop into their head when they see their BFF before noticing the new sparkly ring on her finger! This would be your Spirit Guides way of getting you a message through your clairaudience of, “Girl, your friend just got engaged! Look at that bling!”
- Or they could might meet someone new and hear, “He’s the one!” This happened to a friend of mine when she was introduced to the general manager of a company. Two years later, they were married!
2. Where do clairaudient messages come from?
All psychic messages come from our loving Spiritual team! This team consists of Spirit Guides, angels, your Higher Self (soul), and your loved ones in heaven. (If these psychic definitions are new to you, this post will help.)
Their intention for all messages from our Spiritual team is for the greater good of you, and those you love. So you never have to worry about what’s “coming through” or if it’s “safe” because true clairaudient psychic ability is loving.
3. How does clairaudience sound?
This answer might shock you! Believe it or not, clairaudience usually sounds like your own voice, like when you are thinking or reading to yourself. Yep!
The difference is that these auditory impressions aren’t coming from you… they’re coming from those awesome members of your Spiritual team.
You also need to know that clairaudience is usually heard internally (telepathically — in your head). Remember, those in your spiritual team no longer have a physical body. So they don’t need a physical “voice” anymore.
Tip: This is what confuses LOTS of people about psychic hearing. I mean, it would be super fun if clairaudience sounded like Bruno Mars, but it sounds like… YOU! Which is still pretty amazing!
4. Is clairaudience scary?
Hearing voices is thought of as a scary or bad symptom in our culture. But rest assured, clairaudient psychic ability is NOTHING like that. Most of the time clairaudient messages come through in your own voice, just like how you’re reading this amazing blog post to yourself now. :)
5. How can I know if clairaudient psychic ability is one of my gifts?
The cool thing about clairaudience (and the other clairs) is that everyone can develop it! However, here are some surefire clairaudient signs and “symptoms”:
- You’re really sensitive to sounds
- Listening to, guiding and uplifting others comes naturally to you
- You’ve heard someone calling your name when no one is around
- You NEED quiet
- You’re an auditory learner
For the full scoop, read my post: 11 Signs You Might be Clairaudient
6. How do I develop clairaudient psychic ability?
All the clairs are fun to develop, but I always feel like clairaudience has an extra scoop of special because you can use it to have a two-way communication with your Spirit Guides (hello convenience!)!
One of my “go-to” clairaudience exercises (that totally works) is this:
Pop your go-to jam out song on, and focus your attention on just ONE instrument –guitar, violin, drum — you pick!
Sure, all of the instruments are playing simultaneously in harmony, but focus on just ONE of them until you have isolated its sound from all the rest. With practice, you can cut one sound away from all the rest. Got it? Okay now choose another instrument and give it another go.
7. How do I know if I’m having a clairaudient experience?
It can be tricky to tell if you’re having a clairaudient experience because our logical mind will try to convince us we’re just being silly or making stuff up in our head.
But the great thing is, when you know what to look for, it’s not that difficult to distinguish between clairaudience and a regular thought (remember, psychic hearing can sound like when you are thinking to yourself). Yay!
One of the best ways to tell if you’re having a clairaudient experience is to ask yourself… Did this thought seem to “pop” into my head out of nowhere?
For example, maybe you were picking up carrots at the supermarket and started humming “Happy Birthday” for no good reason — then saw a Facebook alert that it’s your cousin Sarah’s birthday. Woo-hoo!
- Visit this post to check out a few other ways to tell if you’re having a clairaudient experience.
- Wondering what other psychic gifts you have? This post will help!