There is something super important that you need to do if you’re a beginner psychic…
This is a step that EVERYONE whose intuitive abilities are opening up or who wonders, “Am I psychic?” needs to take… but almost no one does because most people don’t teach it. (*sad face*)
But don’t worry. If you’re a beginner psychic (or have been struggling with your gifts), you’re in the right place. I’m going to tell you exactly WHAT to do and WHY this is so important. Best yet, it’s going to be enjoyable, insightful, and easy!
Let’s get started…
Why Every Beginner Psychic Needs to Do This
This tip is going to make your intuitive journey SO much more fulfilling – and easy!
Your journey is going to be WAY more fan-tabulous if you take the time to establish a relationship with your psychic gifts.
Trust me on this…
Even though I felt called to develop and use my psychic abilities, I almost quit – oh – about a million times along my journey!
And it’s not because I lacked passion. I had plenty of that. I mean, I even did a total life “recalibration”, dropping out of college (sorry, dad!) to follow my passion.
No. I almost quit because I had fear of not being good enough… or being wrong… or of people thinking I was weird…
For you, it might be something else holding you back – like fear that you don’t have any psychic abilities (which is not true and this post will prove it to ya), or some other sort of fear.
So I’m here to tell you as someone who struggled for YEARS (unnecessarily) as a beginner psychic:
The way to develop your psychic ability with Beyoncé-like confidence and embrace the spiritual journey that you’re on is to take the time to develop a relationship with your psychic gifts.
Having a relationship with your intuitive abilities is like having a GPS into your heart and soul. You’ll see what I mean when you read the next section.
Now, let’s get into the HOW. Here’s is what every beginner psychic needs to do in order to develop their gifts with joy and confidence:
Getting Cozy With Your Psychic Abilities
As I mentioned, it’s super important for psychic beginners to develop a relationship with their gifts. I mean, think about this:
Sure, you could meet a total stranger and run off and get married via Married at First Sight style. But if you’ve seen the hit TV show, you know that most of those relationships don’t turn out great!
In relationships, isn’t it better to get to know the person before rushing to the altar? You know – enjoy some of the first date conversation, “Your favorite color is periwinkle blue, mine, too!” *kismet*
It takes time to nurture that relationship, and get to know, trust, and love the person.
It’s the same with your psychic abilities.
As a beginner psychic, you need to take time to learn how your gifts work, and to trust and embrace them.
Are you having an AH-HA moment right now? I hope so. :)
Honestly, I had some amazing mentors – but I had to figure this relationship part out for myself. It took me forever. I could have been helping people with mediumship and intuitive readings years earlier than I did – and with MUCH more confidence.
So, how are you going to develop this relationship with your intuitive gifts? Here’s how:
Getting to Know and Trust Your Psychic Abilities
If you’ve been around for more than half a second, you already know about my affection for journaling.
It’s the peanut butter to my Reese’s chocolate cup because it helps provide clarity, increases psychic ability, declutters the mind, and raises your energetic vibration – just to name a few benefits. Plus, it’s relaxing (and extra fun with sparkly gel pens)!
But reading, “Sit down and journal if you want to develop psychic ability” is about as helpful as reading, “Buy some cold medicine if you want to feel better”.
There are loads of cold medicine options, just like there are loads of ways to journal!
And we don’t want to do any old journaling. We want to use SPECIFIC journaling prompts that will help you build that relationship with your psychic ability.
What to do:
- Grab yourself a fab notebook and pretty pen. You probably wouldn’t take your first date to McDonald’s, so go ahead and splurge on a pretty notebook! :)
- Choose a quiet time when you have 20-30 minutes without interruptions to do this exercise.
- If you want, meditate or take a warm bath first. Totally optional, but helpful!
- Get comfy.
- Set the intention that this journaling exercise is for your highest and best good. If you want, invite in your Spirit Guides and/or angels.
- Take a look at the following journaling prompts.
- Pick one that you’d like to try. Don’t overthink it. Just go with your gut/intuition.
- Write out the question you chose in your notebook.
- Relax and let that sparkly pen fly!
Tip: Don’t filter anything or worry about spelling or grammar. This is for your eyes only. Also, don’t “think”, just write. Let your intuition guide you.
Journaling prompts to develop and connect with your psychic ability:
- In my soul, why do I feel called to develop my intuitive gifts?
- What uplifting message does my soul/Higher Self have for me about my psychic development?
- How does my heart feel if I imagine I’m allowing my gifts to blossom?
- What is the next step I should take in my psychic development journey?
- When I feel doubt around my gifts, what can I do to get back into the flow of trusting again?
- When is a time that my intuitive gifts helped me?
- In what positive way(s) will my life be impacted if I start living the intuitive life I was meant to live?
At the end of your journaling session, thank your Spirit Guides and angels.Then, do something to ground yourself.
Repeat this exercise whenever you want or when you feel you “disconnected” from your abilities.
If you’re struggling with fear around your psychic ability, try some of these journaling prompts:
- Where is the fear around developing my gifts coming from?
- Am I afraid that someone will be angry, disappointed, or upset with me if they find out I’m working on psychic development? Why?
- What specific thing(s) can I do to empower myself in this situation?
- What other fear have I conquered that prepares me to conquer this one?
- In what situation/area of my life do I feel powerful and confident in? How can I transfer that power into embracing my intuitive gifts?
- How would my life look if I was living for me (and not others)?
And for more about overcoming fear around you psychic gifts, read this post.
Troubleshooting Tips: What If You Feel Stuck?
- Drawing a blank. Sitting in your comfy corner, pen in hand, and still drawing a blank? Don’t force it! Even the most seasoned journalers will tell you to take a break if the words just aren’t coming. There’s no harm in taking some time off and returning in a few hours.
- Stressed about daily obligations? Enlist the help of your trusty smart phone and set a timer. That way, you won’t be wondering if you’re going to be late picking up your kids from school mid-juicy journal thought.
- Feeling totally blocked? Pop some peppermint, lemon, or wild orange in your essential oils diffuser! Those oils promote creativity and offer energy… they’re some of my favorite journaling buddies (minus my pens, of course).
- Can’t quiet your mind? Try a quick meditation before you pick up a pen. Meditation will quiet your mind and allow you to focus on your journal prompt and get the most from your session. Plus, you may come out of your meditation with a few nuggets you want to write down!
- Don’t be a perfectionist. For the love of all things green, don’t freak out if the words don’t flow the first time. Remember, we’re building a relationship here, not rushing to the altar. :) This, like all psychic development, will become easier with time. Baby steps, okay? (You can also read: I Want to Develop My Psychic Abilities But I Feel Stuck!)
Beginner Psychic Journaling Tips
Here’s the thing: I’ve used all of these journaling prompts and could give you sample answers for each prompt, but that wouldn’t serve your highest and best good. The best advice I can give you is NOT to worry about being right or wrong in what you journal. This is a great exercise in trust, too! :)
After you select a prompt that speaks to you, sit down in a cozy spot and pull out your journal and pen. Just relax, and let the words flow from your mind to the paper — you’re the only person that will ever read this. Don’t stress about sounding whiny or anxious. Just let what’s in your heart and soul out!
I LOVE helping beginner psychics embrace and develop their gifts. I’m so excited for the insights you are going to uncover with this psychic development exercise!
Next read: First Signs of Your Psychic Ability