Let’s talk about beginner psychic development tips, shall we? When I first started in my psychic journey in 2000, I had a toddler, a newborn, and a husband that traveled all over the country for work. I hardly had time to shower, let alone develop my psychic abilities.
That means I had to get creative and figure out ways to blend my psychic development into my day.
Some of my mentoring students asked me to compile a list of what I used to do, and I decided to share it here as well! Can you say “easy peasy?” :)
Embrace the following mantra and the beginner psychic development tips in this post will lay a solid foundation for your gifts!
Being psychic isn’t about DOING. It’s a state of BEING.
Beginner Psychic Development Tips
Here’s the deal…
You want to be so in tune with your abilities that Divine guidance, sensing things about people, hearing clairaudient impressions, and having a sense of Inner knowing feels totally natural.
The truth is, we often make psychic development a lot harder than it should be. There are effortless ways to blend development into your day!
In fact, this a super effective way to develop your gifts because you’re integrating them right into your life from the get-go. These methods get you used to using and trusting your abilities every day. Yay!
Now, let’s dive into some beginner psychic development tips that you can blend into your day — and support our mantra that being psychic is a state of being. :)
7 Beginner Psychic Development Tips
1. Make Use of Wait Time
Sitting in the doctors office waiting room? In the car waiting for the kids to get out of school? Ditch the iPhone games and use “wait time” to develop your psychic hearing (clairaudience) instead.
It’s easy! Here’s what to do:
- Sit comfortably and take some deep breaths.
- In your mind, let your Spirit Guides know that you want to increase your psychic hearing (BTW, it’s totally fine if you don’t know who your Guides are. They know you, so don’t worry. :))
- Now, tune in to all of the soft sounds around you. What do you hear? Rain pelting the window? Someone’s cell phone buzzing?
Simply taking the time to relax and listen (even in a noisy environment when conditions aren’t quiet) is a super powerful way to start developing your psychic hearing.
In time, as you learn to relax and allow sound in, you’ll start noticing that that you are hearing all sorts of psychic goodness — like messages from your Spirit Guides and Higher Self.
PLUS, because you’re developing your gifts in all sorts of different environments, using your clairaudience will start to feel totally natural. Woo-hoo!
Tip: Why not make “intuitive time” a game with your kids. Take turns tuning into sound with your kids, and sharing what you hear.
2. Ditch Commercials
Have you ever noticed than an hour long TV show is like 70% commercials? And they don’t even bother to switch them up! It’s the same thing over and over.
Instead of wasting all that time, DVR your fav shows and skip through the commercials. Then, use those 15 precious minutes to connect with your intuitive abilities instead.
* The Spiritual Awakening binaural beats that I am recommending is my absolute favorite for psychic development. If you purchase through this link, I will earn a small commission (which I will totally blow on a latte :))
3. Name Your Spirit Guide
Do you feel like you could have a warm and fuzzy relationship with someone whose name you didn’t know? I didn’t think so. :)
That’s why, starting today, you want to get to know your Spirit Guides. After all, their job is to help you achieve your best possible life, and offer you their Divine guidance — so it makes a huge difference when they feel familiar to you.
And all you need to do to start connecting with, and building a relationship with your Spirit Guides, is to know their name — but don’t stress. It’s easy to get to know your Guide!
- Sit quietly for a few moments
- Tune into your heart and choose a name for your Spirit Guide — yes, choose. Don’t worry! Simply allow your intuition and heart to guide you, and your Spirit Guide will be honored with whatever name you choose!
- Then, start chit-chatting with them! I literally mean to start generally chatting with them in your day to day life. Like when you are making dinner and realize that you are out of an ingredient you need — say, Joel, can you help me? You may feel an inspired idea about a different ingredient — or decide that it’s a pizza night instead!
- For more inspiration, check out these 14 Ways to Connect With Your Spirit Guides
4. Keep Your Energetic Vibe High
Keeping your vibration high makes it easier for Spirit to connect with you, and makes it easier to develop psychic ability and trust your gifts. And it doesn’t have to be super complicated or hard.
One of my favorite ways to keep my vibe up is by listening to music (it really is good for the soul). Pop on a song you can’t seem to get through without dancing, and listen to it while cleaning up the kitchen or folding laundry. It will raise your vibe, and help you feel more spiritually connected.
5. Use Crystals
Crystals hold powerful energy… even if they’re just sitting on your bookcase! So make good use of that “passive” energy by placing them in the corner of your office, under your bed in a crystal grid, or even near your pillow. If you’re not sure which crystal to pick up, check this post out.
6. Take a Walk
My mom LOVES that her dog gives her an excuse to get out and walk a few times a day. Walks can be a great place to connect with nature and ground yourself.
They can also be a time for you to squeeze a mini meditation session in! Try concentrating on as each step as you walk. Focus on the movement of your body and say the word “step” with each step you take. It will help you embrace your intuition and psychic development.
7. Eat High-Vibrational Foods
Adding high vibration foods to your diet, such as fresh fruits and veggies will help you feel good and keep your energetic vibe nice and high. Don’t worry about totally overhauling your diet though. Just add some greens, fruits, or even dark chocolate (score!) to your day and notice the difference in how connected you feel to your psychic abilities.
- Here’s the scoop on psychic diets (pun intended :))
Beginner Psychic Development Tips Takeaways
The truth is, developing psychic ability can be effortless, joyful, and fun! So be sure to integrate these beginner psychic development tips into your day and enjoy your journey.
Plus, taking a relaxed and effortless approach will increase your vibe and allow you to open your logical mind. Win-win!