OMG, am I psychic?!
Picture this: You and your whole family are gathered at your grandma’s house for Sunday dinner. All the cares of your crazy work week are replaced by memories and second slices of cherry pie.
Suddenly, out of the blue, you visualize her prized flower vase flying off the china cabinet shelf.
You’re busy wondering where that vision came from (and why it interrupted your lively discussion), when the whole family hears a CRASH and a subsequent, “uh-oh…”
- Your grandma? Less than pleased.
- Your socks? Knocked clean off.
- Your next thought? Am I psychic?!
If those thoughts have ever raced through your mind, never fear! Here’s the full scoop on how to know if you’re psychic or not.
Am I Psychic? The Basics
If you’ve ever had an experience like the one above, you may *THINK* you are a psychic, but aren’t sure and don’t know where to go from here.
I’ve been there and I get it…
You want to answer the question am I psychic? with confidence so that you KNOW for sure and KNOW you’re not imagining it.
The word “psychic” means a lot of things to a lot of different people, so let’s start with the lowdown on REAL psychic abilities.
Unlike Hollywood psychics, real psychics aren’t stopped in their tracks by visions, found talking to themselves in a corner, or bound to only shop at stores that carry fancy turbans.
The truth is, psychic ability is super subtle!
Plus, did you know that there are FOUR main psychic abilities? They are:
Clairvoyance (psychic seeing – seeing still or moving images or symbols in your mind’s eye)
Claircognizance (psychic knowing – knowing something without logic or facts)
Clairaudience (psychic hearing)
Clairsentience (psychic sensing – getting vibes about people, places, objects, animals – or sensing spirit)
The example described at the beginning of this post is clairvoyance.
Psychics can have one, multiple, or all of these abilities!
And most times, psychics and mediums are just like your nice next door neighbor who always brings chocolate chip cookies to the HOA meetings.
But the best part?
YOU can develop one or all of these psychic abilities.
We are all naturally intuitive, so there’s no need to second guess yourself if you’re wondering, am I psychic?
Honestly – if you’d wondered if you are psychic… YOU ARE. :)
If you want to learn more about the four types of psychic abilities, I’ve listed my beginner’s guides below. And of course, don’t forget to read on to read the signs that you’re psychic.
- Clairvoyance Beginner’s Guide (psychic sight)
- Claircognizance Beginner’s Guide (psychic knowing)
- Clairsentience Beginner’s Guide (psychic sensing/feeling)
- Clairaudience Beginner’s Guide (psychic hearing)
Am I Psychic? Signs You’re a Psychic
Ok, enough chit-chat… you came here with a pressing question… am I psychic?
And I want to stress again:
If you’ve found your way to this page and think you’re psychic, you are. After all, the Universe led you here – and the Universe is pretty spot on!
Here are some signs that you’re psychic:
- You are creative. Maybe you have a creative job (like music editor or graphic designer), or maybe you just have a creative hobby (yes, coloring mandalas totally counts!). Either way, you’re happiest when you’re creating something! You might notice that ideas and creativity flow through you especially when you’re feeling happy, grateful, or “high vibe”.
- You played with “imaginary friends” as a kid. If you’ve read my free eBook, 7 Real World Steps to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts, you know that imaginary friends aren’t imaginary. Au contraire! “Imaginary” friends can be angels, Spirit guides, and even departed loved ones. If you saw or talked to an imaginary friend as a child (telepathically counts), you probably a psychic and don’t even know it!
- You need your peace and quiet. Intuitive people are often highly sensitive (both emotionally and physically). And, if you find yourself especially sensitive to noise, it’s a “symptom” that you have the psychic ability of clairaudience. For example, you might gladly trade a loud party for a quiet night with your fav book. Or your neighbor’s loud TV might get on your nerves way more than you expect. You also feel super tired and crave alone time after being with people – like at a birthday party. (BTW, this is a sign that you’re clairsentient.)
- You see things in your peripheral vision. I’m talkin’ orbs, “sparkles”, shadows, or flashing lights. This might sound scary, but I pinky promise, it’s not. In fact, I like to call these things Spirit lights! So if you’ve whipped your head around after seeing a shadow, only to see nothing, don’t worry, you’re not going crazy. You’re probably clairvoyant. :)
- You feel things about places. Have you ever walked into a room or driven by a building you’ve never been in and…. SHAZAM!? Your body tingles, you get a shiver, or the energy seems to “palpate” with heat, cold, or heaviness. You may also find yourself saying things like, “That place has a fun vibe!” or “Yikes, this place FEELS awful.” Yep, these are more signs that you’re clairsentient!
- You understand animals. Like, you truly “get” them. It’s almost like you can communicate with them! Your friends call you the cat whisperer (and not just because you have three).
- You know things about people (without a logical reason). Sometimes it may feel like you have radar. It doesn’t matter what the person looks like or acts like, there’s no fooling you. That insurance sales guy? Up to no good? The homeless guy on the street? Genuinely is down on his luck and will use your money for a hot dinner. You get people’s “vibes”. If you’re had an experience like this, claircognizance is probably one of your psychic gifts.
- You feel the presence of Spirits. Have you ever sensed that there *could* be a spirit with you, but you’re not sure? Maybe you feel like someone was watching you, but it’s just you and Fluffy hanging out, and watching The Santa Clarita Diet. An important note here is that the, “Someone’s watching me….” feeling IS NOT creepy. It’s more like your BFF is on the other side of the couch, being both grossed out and enamored with Drew Barrymore’s performance. If you’ve ever felt spirits around, read this and find out if you’re a psychic medium.
- You have a great sense of direction. Seriously, you’re like a human GPS. Siri asks you for directions.
- You find daydreaming easy. Have you ever been sipping a Sangria while sitting on a beach in Maui, wearing Birkenstocks, and red Foster Grant sunglasses… when you were really in ANOTHER staff meeting? If slipping into a nice daydream is easy for you, the answer to your am I a psychic question may be a resounding, YES! Daydreaming is another sign of clairvoyance.
- You can envision/plan things in your head without a sweat. Are you the kind of person who can map out a decorating idea Joanna Gaines style… before the realtor even parks the car and shows you the house? Maybe you can easily envision how divine your office will look once the antique desk is painted black, and the old chair gets a facelift in gray velvet. Convincing your spouse to do the heavy lifting on the other hand? Not so easy… The good news is this is another sign of clairvoyance.
Yay! You’re Psychic – Now What?
OK, so you probably have some thoughts racing through your head right now. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with what to do next:
- OMG, I totally AM a psychic. I’m going to call all of my friends right now!
Yay! I know it’s super exciting! But before you speed dial your BFF Jane, give the following post a read. It will give you some great tips on coming out of the psychic closet without stress: How to Come Out of the Psychic Closet
- Whoa, that’s why I can’t stand this open office floor plan. I get too overstimulated!
Yep, I get it. That feeling is probably because clairsentience (psychic feeling and sensing) is one of your intuitive gifts. This post has tips that will help you turn down the volume on your gifts: The Empath Survival Guide
- Wait, so can I communicate with dearly departed Uncle Joe? Cool!
Yes, and other spirits, too! Here’s what you need to know: Becoming a Medium: 10 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I First Started
- How do I develop my psychic abilities?
I thought you’d never ask! This post (that’s been shared over 6K times on Pinterest!) will give you 28 FUN ways to get started: 28 Ways to Develop Your Psychic Abilities
- Which psychic abilities do I have?
This is a GREAT question and it’s super helpful to know which specific psychic gifts you have… that way you can work on developing that gift first. Why? Because it makes things a little easier. Why struggle? :) Read: Natural Psychic Ability: How to Know Which Gifts You Have
- Um, wait. I don’t want to be psychic!
It’s OK. Honor what you feel. This post will put you at ease: But Wait! I Don’t Want to Be Psychic!
Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. The psychic awakening journey should be a fun and joyful time.
Don’t compare yourself to anyone else or wonder why you can’t contact your great-grandma for her secret recipe on the first try. This path takes practice, but it’s soooo worth it.
Well, friend, I hope this has helped you answer the question, am I psychic?