Hola, friends! Last week, we talked about following a psychic diet and some of the foods that help make you psychic.
Today, let’s take it a step further and talk about what to eat before you give an intuitive or mediumship reading.
What’s going to give you the best and clearest connection to Spirit?
Cheeseburger loaded with all the fixins’ and a side of curly fries
Vegan, gluten-free wrap with hummus and a side of lentil soup (Yes, please! My mouth is already watering!)
Pepperoni pizza and a soda
Hmm, well, I’m going to go with NONE of the above.
The truth is you can eat almost ANYTHING you want before giving a reading! You don’t have to break out the yoga pants and go vegan on reading days. Unless you want to, of course!
Here are some tips to give you the best and clearest connection to Spirit:
- Some would disagree with me, but you can eat basically whatever you want in moderation. Why deprive yourself? You’ll probably find that, in time, you’ll naturally be reaching for higher vibrational foods, anyway. But for now, if you want pepperoni pizza, eat a slice or two of pepperoni pizza. Just don’t eat the whole pie. If you over-eat, you’re going to feel blah and sluggish. Your digestive system will be working hard and it will bring the energy down away from your crown chakra and ground you. Total opposite of what you want.
- It’s good to eat something light about 60-90 minutes before working with a client. Don’t go into a reading starving. I usually nibble on some organic crackers and cottage cheese. Remember how Goldilocks in Goldilocks and the Three Bears was always looking for that “sweet spot”? She was a smart cookie and didn’t want her porridge too hot or too cold. That’s what you’re going for – a “just right” feeling.
- Don’t drink alcohol before a reading – ever. Spirits and “spirits” don’t mix. :)
- If high vibrational foods give you the clearest connection to Spirit – eat ’em on reading days. For example, try a small salad with a little protein 90 minutes before giving a reading. Lots of people feel that eating high vibrational foods make your psychic abilities stronger. Organic fruits, veggies, raw chocolate, non-processed foods, herbal teas, fresh herbs, etc.
- Drink lots of water on reading days. Mediumship and intuitive readings are energy work and you need to replenish your body with water.
- Get grounded after the reading by eating your full meal. I personally eat light prior to the reading, and save my full meal for after giving a reading. I’m always super hungry after giving a reading, plus, eating helps ground me quickly.
So there you have it. Eat light about 60-90 minutes before a reading, remember to drink lots of water, and ground yourself after the reading. Easy, peasy!
- Should You Follow a Psychic Diet?
- Foods that Make You More Psychic
- What if the Spirit You want to Communicate with Didn’t Speak English?