Psychic power. Here’s the deal: not only do essential oils smell omggg good, they also have all kinds of fantastic benefits.
The right oils and oil combos can help you sleep, kick anxiety to the curb, and even help you develop your psychic power!
Now if that’s not a reason to break out your diffuser, I don’t know what is! :) Today we’re talkin’ the 11 best oils for enhancing your psychic abilities – and some really fun ways to use them!
Essential Oils for Psychic Development Basics
Aromatherapy is all the rage these days.
A lot of people use diffusers to get their dose oil goodness, but you can also:
- Rub essential oils on your skin (mixed with a carrier oil, of course)
- Put it on your crystals (which, let’s face it, is doubly awesome!)
- Drop a little on your pillow
- Ingest them (I never, ever recommend ingestion)
As long as this list is, the ways you can combine them or administer oils is just as long.
Don’t worry about doing everything perfect. Remember, when you are using oils to develop psychic power, you always want to trust your intuition, soooo…
Go with what oils you feel attracted to. You can switch up HOW you use them, too (diffuse one day, on the skin another day…)
The most important thing is to have fun with it :)
Obviously just dropping some amazing smelling essential oil in the diffuser and walking away won’t do much for your psychic power.
The most important thing here is the intention setting, okay?
ALL of these essential oils have multiple functions (so no matter what you’ll get some stellar benefits), but your intentions need be clear to receive the psychic power boosting properties :)
How to Set Your Intention
Before you get started, think about why you want to develop you psychic abilities. What is your heart and soul saying to you?
Tip: You may even want to journal about your gifts to get crystal clear.
Once your intention is set, use the essential oils as a tool rather than a magic carpet.
Choosing Your Oils
There are a TON of oils to choose from, even on this list! Don’t get overwhelmed trying to find the absolute perfect one. Seriously, let your intuition guide you and try the one that you feel the most drawn to.
I love variety, so I personally use different oils based on things like:
- Activity (lavender when I’m journaling, etc)
- Time of year (eucalyptus in the winter… soooo good!)
Don’t be afraid to switch it up!
Essential Oils to Increase Psychic Power
OK, here’s the scoop. The following oils both ground AND center you while increasing clarity and intuition… all with just a few drops! Talk about something small packing a punch.
Here are my favorite oils to develop psychic abilities:
Rose Essential Oil. This is one of my all time favorites — it not only increases harmony, but also connection to our Higher (psychic) selves.
Cedarwood. Having a clear mind free of clutter is super important when you are developing your gifts. If gaining ultimate clarity and getting rid of mind “clutter” is what your soul needs, try this guy out!
Lemon Essential Oil. Lemon oil shows up on a lot of lists because it’s great for so much. But it’s lively citrus smell also promotes an open and awake mind — perfect for psychic development!
Sage. Not surprising, right? :) Sage smudging is a popular way to remove negative energies and spirits from spaces, and the oil has the same effect. Start your intuitive development on an uplifting note by using some sage essential oil!
Chamomile. No, not the tea (although I love sipping something hot when I’m working). Chamomile has an immense calming factor that allows us to release fears and open our minds to truth. If you’re having fears around your psychic development, diffuse some chamomile essential oil.
Peppermint Essential Oil. This oil smells like Christmas in a bottle — not. even. kidding. The crisp smell almost immediately awakens your mind and allows you to focus on what you’re doing. It’s great for concentration and communication (two things uber important if your developing your mediumship). Plus, your house will smell amazing!
Lavender Oil. I know, lavender usually ends up on a sleep help or anxiety list. But it’s ability to increase calmness enables us to relax and let intuition be the guide. It’s a great oil to diffuse during meditation or journaling.
Jasmine. This essential oil is a fantastic meditation buddy, but it also can help increase psychic dreams! If you meditate at night, use jasmine in your diffuser and allow yourself to receive messages in your dreams.
Frankincense. I use frankincense when I’m feeling totally out of whack — it has a fantastic grounding property that comes in handy as your psychic powers increase :)
Rosemary. If sage isn’t your favorite smell, try using some rosemary essential oil instead! The two oils have similar negative energy clearing properties. Plus, rosemary is great for opening the third eye and increasing clairvoyance.
Sandalwood. If you’re looking for an oil to pull double duty, give sandalwood a try! Not only does it have great purifying properties, it clears negativity and helps us release the past – which is important when you’re having any type of spiritual or psychic awakening.
Using the Essential Oils
Once your intention is set and your oil is selected, it’s time to try a psychic development exercise (if you need some ideas, here are 28 for ya!)
When I was a newbie, I used to love practicing when my kids left for school (after my morning coffee, of course!).
- Sit in a comfortable spot.
- Get your oils going in your diffuser and turn your attention inward. (I typically use 6 drops.)
- Take a few moments with a simple meditation. It will clear your mind and allow your intuition to step forward.
- Next, do whatever psychic development exercises you feel led to! For example, you may want to try a clairvoyant exercise today or some psychometry.
- Or, you may feel guided to stay in meditation or do some journaling – totally okay!
Other ways to use the oils
Of course, you don’t always have to use the oils in this way. There are a bajillion ways you can use these babies to assist in increasing your psychic power and keeping you in touch with your Higher Self.
Here are some ideas:
- Diffuse the oils while you are journaling, meditating, painting, singing, etc.
- Drop a little essential oil in your bath and allow your mind and body to fully relax and connect to your soul. (About 4-6 drops can be good, just be super careful you don’t go crazy and let things get slippery.
- Get a gorgeous piece of vintage fabric, sprinkle it with a little jasmine oil and sleep with it under your pillow.
- Mix a little oil in a carrier oil (1 part oil, 4 parts carrier oil) and rub some where you would normally put your perfume.
- Use the above tip and give someone a practice psychic reading while wearing your oils!
- Buy a car diffuser and diffuse some sandalwood when you are driving home from anyplace that had an icky energy.
Essential Oils for Psychic Powers Tips
As with anything new, give yourself time and room to grow! The spiritual journey isn’t something that can be completed in a weekend. Give yourself grace and allow yourself to change, experiment, and tweak.
I started out as a lavender oil enthusiast! I still love lavender, but these days, I find myself really drawn to peppermint and frankincense. You’ll get the best results if you go with the flow of the energy that you’re feeling.
And of course, allow your intuition to guide you and have FUN with all of this.