Developing psychic ability should be fun and stress free. We have enough stress in our lives, and awakening our intuitive abilities shouldn’t be overwhelming, scary, or boring!
Here are some playful ways to strengthen your intuitive gifts.
Oh and P.S. – they work :)
Developing psychic ability can be superbly fun or just – eh.
Did you ever see the movie Christmas with the Kranks, where a couple decides to ditch throwing a big Christmas party and go on vacation instead?
Jamie Lee Curtis’ character was ALL stressed out, feeling guilty, and wondering if she was doing the right thing by choosing a cruise over Christmas.
But her husband was relaxed and having a great time preparing for the trip. He even got a spray tan and Botox injections – OMG hilarious!
In the end, they decided to stay home when they found out their daughter would be visiting for the holiday, but the point is – Tim Allen’s character had lots more fun than Jamie Lee’s!
When you are developing psychic ability you can be Jamie Lee or Tim Allen.
In my book, fun beats stress and overwhelm any day! Here are some lighthearted ways to wake up your clairaudience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance.
Exercises to Develop Your Clairvoyance
No developing psychic ability list would be complete without talking about the daddy of all intuitive gifts – clairvoyance (psychic seeing).
Clairvoyance Exercise #1
In your mind’s eye, imagine your dream home – in glorious detail. What color are the walls? The furniture? Is there crown molding?
Is there a teal sofa with a tufted back and orange chevron pillows in your office?
Is Sofia Vergara visiting? Perhaps she’s showing you the script from her next movie as you giggle, “Oh Sofia, you’re so funny!”, while sipping caramel lattes from mugs that say “I ROCK”.
Take 10-15 minutes each day and imagine it all playing out in your head like a movie. The more details, the better!
Clairvoyance Exercise #2
Have a friend sit in front of you. Grab some plain white paper and colored pencils. Draw a picture of your friend on the paper – yes, stick figures are fine :)
No friend? No problem!
- You can also do this exercise with your pet, or…
- Take a selfie, then put your phone on a piece of paper and color your own aura around it!
Here are some more ways to develop clairvoyance
Exercise to Increase Clairaudience
What’s the first step to develop your clairaudience (psychic hearing)? Begin to listen. Yes, we are keeping it super simple because simple works.
Guidance from our Higher Selves or Spirit messages are usually very subtle. So training ourselves to notice subtle sounds can really increase our clairaudience.
Think about it. Life is loud and busy. How can we expect to hear Divine messages when our teens are overloading the dishwasher with too much soap, our cell phones are constantly chiming, and Dora the Explorer is playing at full blast in the background?
Let’s turn it around and use this noise to our advantage.
Instead of tuning OUT all the noise, allow it to come IN and help in developing psychic ability.
I’ve written a full post with 5 ideas to develop clairaudience, but here are some tips to get you started:
- What do you hear right now? Can you hear someone playing a game or texting on their cell phone?
- Do you hear music in the background of Dora the Explorer that you never noticed before?
The cool thing about this psychic development exercise is that you can use it to fill time while waiting in a car, or at appointments!
Some evening, grab a blanket, and lay with your kids under the stars taking turns identifying all the different night sounds. So much fun, and a neat way to make memories with your family!
Exercises to Develop Your Clairsentience
In my opinion, clairsentience is THE most fun intuitive gift to develop of all! If you’re clairsentient, you receive intuitive information through feelings or vibes/senses.
Oh, and remember, many empaths are clairsentient and can feel the emotions of others. If you’re wondering if you’re an empath, this list will help.
Clairsentient Exercise #1
Are you familiar with psychometry? It’s a fantastic way to kick your clairsentience up a notch.
Psychometry lets you “tune into” the energy an object by touching it with your hands.
It’s like learning to ride a bike and having the support of training wheels.
Voila, an easy way of developing psychic ability!
1. Ask a friend to give you some objects to use for practice.
2. Jewelry works great for newbies, especially jewelry that’s been worn a lot and holds lots of energy. Don’t borrow your mom’s new earrings that she just got at Kohl’s – they won’t have much energy on them.
3. Sit down and get comfy. Rub your hands together to get some energy flowing. If you’re hands tingle a little, that’s good for this exercise.
4. Hold the jewelry, and close your eyes. Go within.
- How does your body feel?
- Do you feel any emotions?
- Do you see something in your mind’s eye?
- Hear “blocks of thought” in your head?
- Smell anything?
If you’re stuck, ask:
- Does a man or a woman own this?
- Is he or she happy or sad?
- Does this person have a job?
Ask anything you want – go wild!
Don’t worry about feedback too much right now if you don’t want to. Just get used to sensing energy in this way.
Tip: Another way to do this exercise is to visit an antique store!
- And here’s a full post on psychometry with more info and tips.
Clairsentient Exercise #2
For this game, you’ll need a partner. It’s a fun game to play with kids, too, even though they always seem to win!
1. Grab a smallish item from around your house. If you’re playing with little kids, their “blankie” can be a good choice because blankies hold lots of energy. Have someone in the family hide the object while you step out for a minute.
2. When you come back inside, stand quietly and ask yourself to FEEL where the object is. Imagine a great beam of light connecting you to the energy of the item.
Does it feel like it’s:
- high or low?
- in the basement? Bedroom? Bathroom?
- under something?
Developing Psychic Ability Take Aways
- Developing psychic ability can be enjoyable and creative!
- You don’t have to become a master overnight. Just like developing physical muscles, small steps done frequently will build your intuitive muscles.
- Play around with these games and practice with the ones you like best.